PR-Inside.com: 2017-10-12 01:56:48
HONG KONG, Oct 11, 2017 - (ACN Newswire) - Regional multichannel TV and digital video trade body CASBAA today announced the key themes (and workshop programme) for the CASBAA Convention 2017 to be staged at Studio City in Macau, from 6-8 November.
The line-up for the three-day CASBAA Convention 2017 has been designed "to capture the urgent issues facing our industry at a time of the most dynamic market changes seen in more than 20 years", said Christopher Slaughter, CASBAA CEO.
CASBAA represents 100 corporations across 20 markets in the Asia Pacific, running from China to Australasia, Japan to Pakistan and encompassing over 623 million Pay-TV subscribers (source: MPA) and 2.5 billion broadband connections (source: MPA).
The full implications of the digital video revolution are at the top of the CASBAA Convention 2017 agenda, including solutions to the potentially devastating impact of digital piracy, the on-going opportunities presented by local, regional and global OTT platforms and the challenges arising from the mountains of detailed digital data now being assessed by broadcasters, carriers, technology vendors and advertisers alike.
"The blue-chip list of Pay-TV operators, content creators, broadband carriers, investors, sponsors and regulators attending CASBAA Convention 2017 guarantee unrivalled access to the Asia Pacific Pay-TV and Digital Video decision makers," said Slaughter. "Networking in every sense is a central element within the CASBAA Convention 2017 programme", he added.
In the meantime, through a series of 'Masterclass' panels and presentations, the CASBAA Convention 2017 programme will deliver:
- Real-time case studies focused on the crucial battle against on-line piracy, including a few "Wins!"
- A fresh look at the best performing business models for Pay-TV
- Deep-dive presentations on the vital security technologies and regulatory "fixes" under debate across Asia Pacific and around the world
- Close examinations of the new ecosystems and revenue streams now available for the monetisation of emerging digital video markets
- New insights on the impact of soon to be launched broadband satellite services across Asia
Plus Understanding the Viewer: a series of closely moderated conference sessions shedding fresh light on the complex worlds of digital media and programmatic advertising.
Key Speakers include:
- Samuel Scott, Columnist, The Promotion Fix @ The Drum
- Hosi Simon, Global General Manager, VICE Media
- NK Sinha, Secretary, MIB, Government of India
- Dr Ros Lynch, Director, Copyright & IP Enforcement, UK Intellectual Property Office
- Sudhanshu Vats, Group CEO, Viacom18
- Birathon Kasemsri Na Ayudhaya, Chief Content and Media Officer, True Corporation
- Jeremy Butteriss, Managing Director for Global Partnerships, APAC, Google
21st Century Foundation, ABS, ABU, Amagi, APT Satellite, ARRIS, AsiaSat, BARC, BBC, beIN Sports, Cisco, CMS, English Premier League, Federation Against Copyright Theft (FACT), FOX Networks Group, Friend MTS, GfK, iDigitalish, Intelsat, INVIDI Technologies, Irdeto, Kantar Media, Leyard, MPP Global, NAGRA, Nielsen, OONA, Pi Pakistan, Pioneer Consulting Asia, Rakuten Viki, RiotGames, SES, Shadow Factory, Sky UK, SM Telemedia, Sony Pictures, TRT World, UNICEF and Viaccess-Orca.
Full event details can be found at www.casbaaconvention.com.
CASBAA would like to thank CASBAA Convention 2017's Supporting Sponsor, TRT World, along with our other Sponsors: 21st Century Fox, ABS, Amagi, APT Satellite, ARRIS, AsiaSat, Australia Channel, Cisco, CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang, Deutsche Welle, FashionTV, FOX Networks Group, France 24, Friend MTS, Google, Intelsat, INVIDI Technologies, Irdeto, Leyard, Lightning International, MEASAT, MPP Global, NAGRA, SES, True Visions, Turner Asia Pacific, TV5MONDE, Viaccess-Orca, and Vindicia.
We would also like to thank CASBAA Patrons: A+E Networks, Astro, BAM Asia Entertainment Network, BBC Worldwide, Celestial Tiger, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, HBO Asia, NBCUniversal International Networks, PwC, Scripps Networks Interactive Asia-Pacific, Star India, and Viacom International Media Networks.
Established in 1991, CASBAA is the association for digital multichannel TV, content, platforms, advertising and video delivery across a variety of geographic markets throughout the Asia-Pacific. CASBAA's members reach over 500 million connections within a regional footprint ranging from China to Australasia, Japan to Pakistan. For more information, visit www.casbaa.com.
Tel: +852 2854 9913