CN Shorts officially launches today as a global effort to celebrate the making of Chinese short films that have far-reaching crossover appeal. 'CN Shorts' seeks to promote new emerging talent among Chinese film makers who are able to best capture audiences, markets and sales in China and abroad.
Vincent Fischer, Eastward Entertainment
PR-Inside.com: 2016-01-26 17:48:38
Official Launch of 'CN Shorts'
70 Influencers Rally to Support Chinese Short Films
For Immediate Release
Beijing (January 27th, 2016) - CN Shorts officially launches today as a global effort to celebrate the making of Chinese short films that have far-reaching crossover appeal. 'CN Shorts' seeks to promote new emerging talent among Chinese film makers who are able to best capture audiences, markets and sales in China and abroad.
Though the Chinese movie industry grows at a staggering pace−projected to become the world’s largest by 2017−it continues to play catch-up. Western producers are able to sell their films around the world, while Chinese producers are often confined to the local market.
In China, there is a resounding need to develop directorial talent−those who understand the importance of global influence. Why shouldn’t Chinese producers and directors be able to make international films? Today, achieving this is a rarity; 'CN Shorts' would like to help making this common practice.
By helping young Chinese talent gain international recognition, 'CN Shorts' will put them on the fast track to accessing key decision makers in China and abroad. They will work on global coproductions and films, acting as cultural leaders, facilitating greater awareness and understanding of their native home.
"CN Shorts looks for internationally-minded Chinese women and men who are willing to become global film directors," says Vincent Fischer, CN Shorts' agent. Our hope is that their movies will become so successful, audiences around the world will queue to see them."
The inaugural jury of 70 international influencers and entertainment industry insiders will select the nominees across ten award categories, as listed below:
- Best Film, Best Script, Best Director, Best Actress, Best Actor, Best Cinematographer, Best Music, Best SFX, Best International Audience Potential, Foreign Press Best Film Award.
- The best films are selected by the selection committee on an ongoing basis as new films are proposed by Chinese films directors and producers.
- Jury Awards: ongoing votes for the best selected films, with the new Awards are announced during each of the following film festivals: Cannes 2016, Venice, Toronto, Los Angeles, Dubai, Sundance 2017, Berlin.
- "Awards of the Year" announced yearly. The first "Awards of the Year" will be announced during AFM in November 2016.
1. Andy ANDERSON, Head of International Film and Marketing, DMG, Beijing
2. Emilie BLEZAT, Head of China, StudioCanal, Beijing
3. Sergey BOGACHEV, Director China, Federation of Russian Producers, Beijing
4. Marc BONDUEL, CEO, Latin American Festival, Biarritz
5. Cristiano BORTONE, President, Bridging The Dragon, Roma
6. Christopher BRENBLE, CEO, Base FX, Beijing
7. Oriol CAPEL, Producer, Aparte, Madrid
8. Joseph CATANZARO, Reporter, CCTV China Insight, Beijing
9. Jon CHIEW, Director International, Huace Entertainment, Beijing
10. Cyril COLBEAU-JUSTIN, CEO, LGM Productions, Paris
11. Reza DARI, CEO, International Film Fund, Dubai
12. Thierry DECOURCELLE, Vice President International Acquisitions, UGC, Paris
13. James DICK, Senior Vice President Marketing, Live Nation, Hong Kong
14. Tristan DU LAZ, CEO, TF1 VOD, Paris
15. Emmanuel DURAND, Senior VP Marketing, Warner Bros. Entertainment, Paris
16. Julien FAVRE, Vice President Productions, Road Pictures, Hong Kong
17. Patrick FRATER, Asia correspondant, Variety, Hong Kong
18. Edoardo GAGLIARDI, China's Representative, Italy's ANICA, Beijing
19. Kevin GEIGER, Director Animation Department, Beijing Film Academy, Beijing
20. Alain GILLESSEN, Vice President Sales & Marketing, Corsan, Bruxelles
21. Christopher GRANIER-DEFERRE, President, Poisson Rouge Pictures, London
22. Anne GUIMET, Vice President, Prix Lumières Awards, Paris
23. Ali GURSOY, Executive Vice-President Partnerships, CommercializeTV, HK
24. Kelly HSIEH, Overseas Director, Wefilm, Beijing
25. Jimmy JEAN-LOUIS, actor, Los Angeles
26. K. Blaine JOHNSTON, Managing Director, Vendian Entertainment, Los Angeles
27. Max KELLER, CEO, Keller Entertainment Group, Los Angeles
28. Aynne KOKAS, Professor of Medias Studies, University of Virginia
29. Rain LI, Film Director, Beijing
30. Mercy LIAO, Productions and Acquisitions, NBCUniversal, Beijing
31. Lilian LIN, Journalist, The Wall Street Journal, Beijing
32. Huan LU, actress, Beijing
33. Nadia KHAMLICHI, CEO, UMedia, Bruxelles
34. Stu LEVY, International Chair, Producers Guild of America, Los Angeles
35. Abdulla MAHMOOD, Marketing Director, Al Ahli Holding Group, UAE
36. Maarten MELCHIOR, Vice President, Fintage House, Toronto
37. Jean MIZRAHI, CEO, Ymagis, Paris
38. Petteri PASANEN, CEO, Anima, Finland
39. Suzel PIETRI, President, Orbis Media, Paris
40. Elizabeth PENG, Journalist, New York
41. PITOF, Film Director, Los Angeles
42. Dimitris RAPTIS, COO Asia, BMW Motorrad, Beijing
43. Stanley ROSEN, Professor, University of Southern California
44. Dongbing SHAN, Founder & Producer, Donwa Pictures, Beijing
45. David SOMERSET, Curator, British Film Institut, London
46. Jeffrey SOONG, Partner, Silverlink Capital, Hong Kong
47. Amanda STHERS, Writer, Los Angeles
48. Yu-Fai SUEN, COO, Rocket Entertainment, London
49. Elizabeth SUNG, Actress, Los Angeles
50. Alex WEIMER, COO, MovieBrats, Berlin
51. Yanyan WU, Director Young Talents, China Film Foundation, Beijing
52. Tina ZHAI, Senior Director, Entgroup, Beijing
- Chinese film directors only
- Great short films from 3 to 15 minutes
- Only films targeting a large international audience
- English language, English subtitles or English script needed
All selected films will be accessible on www.cnshorts.com for the jury to vote. Only the jury members will have access to the selected films. Only the winners will be announced and promoted by 'CN Shorts'. If agreed by the winning films' directors, producers, the winning films will be freely accessible on www.cnshorts.com
To submit films, candidates just have to email them to email@example.com
. No DVD or other forms of hard copies are accepted. Entry fee is 100RMB per film, only payable by wechat (ID: cnshorts).
About Eastward Entertainment
Eastward Entertainment specializes in raising equity investments, coproduction funds and marketing partners in China for Western entertainment companies, IPs, feature films and live shows, towards the most suitable Chinese investors and strategic partners.
Vincent Fischer is Eastward Entertaiment founding agent. He is also the initiator, facilitator and member of the Board of the 'China Europe Film Fund', co-financed by China Film And TV Capital (Beijing) and Wild Bunch (Paris).
Special thanks to China Film Copyright Association and the Wefilm team for their support and assistance
, +86 156 5252 3281, wechat: vincent_fischer
B-2101, 17 ChaoYangGongYuan South Rd, ChaoYang District, Beijing 100026
+86 156 5252 3281
# 1009 Words