Recently published research from GlobalData, "Wealth in the UK: HNW Investors 2017", is now available at Fast Market Research
PR-Inside.com: 2017-05-19 17:00:05
Wealth in the UK: HNW Investors 2017, analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of UK HNW investors. The report is based on our proprietary Global Wealth Managers Survey.
London is a major wealth capital with competitive financial services, fintech, and property industries. HNW individuals from around the world reside in the UK, particularly London, for its attractive lifestyle and business opportunities. The majority of UK HNW investors are over the age of 50, with males accounting for the majority. Equity and bond investments constitute the greatest proportions of UK HNW portfolios, mirroring the regional average. UK wealth managers experience strong demand for financial products and services, with pension planning in particularly high demand.
Specifically the report -
* Profiles the average UK HNW investor in terms of their demographics and analyzes the expat opportunity in the UK.
* Analyzes which wealth management mandates are preferred among UK HNW investors and how the demand will develop going forward.
* Examines the allocation of UK HNW investors' portfolios into different asset classes and how the allocation is expected to develop in the future.
* Analyzes the product and service demand among UK HNW investors.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/1279131_wealth_uk_hnw_investors_2017.aspx?af ..
* Inherited wealth dominates among UK HNWs, but taken together the largest share has been sourced from family business ownership and first-generation entrepreneurship.
* The vast majority of UK HNW investors prefer their wealth to be managed professionally, with 79.5% placed in discretionary mandates.
* Asset allocation is heavily weighted towards equities and bonds. Wealth managers anticipate reduced demand for bond investments and greater interest in non-traditional asset classes.
* Pension and financial planning services show the strongest demand, and this is not expected to change in the near future. Demand for inheritance planning will remain stable.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Develop and enhance your client targeting strategies using our data on HNW profiles and sources of wealth.
* Give your marketing strategies the edge required and capture new clients using insights from our data on HNW investors' drivers for seeking investment advice vs self-directing.
* Tailor your investment product portfolio to match current and future demand for different asset classes among HNW individuals.
* Develop your service proposition to match the product and service demand expressed by UK HNW investors and react proactively to the forecasted changes in demand.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Coutts International, DBS, Delancey, Mount Kendal, Sandaire
Partial Table of Contents:
Table of Contents
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 3
1.1. HNW offshore investment is driven by a multitude of factors 3
1.2. Key findings 3
1.3. Critical success factors 3
2. GLOBAL TRENDS DRIVING HNW OFFSHORE INVESTMENTS 9
2.1. There are multiple drivers for HNW offshore investment 9
2.1.1. Global diversification benefits rank first, followed by access to better investment options 9
2.1.2. Tax efficiencies remain important, but only in a number of countries 9
2.1.3. Bearish financial markets and strong currency volatility in many parts of the world are motivating investors to seek better returns abroad 10
2.1.4. Other drivers include expat money flows and political, economic, and currency volatility 11
2.2. Significant regional differences exist in the motivations for offshore investment 12
2.2.1. HNW offshore investment is driven by a multitude of factors requiring in-depth initial scoping by wealth managers 12
3. DETAILED DRIVER ANALYSIS 14
3.1. Local market factors drive the variety in HNW individuals' motivations for offshore investment 14
3.2. Driver one: HNW individuals invest offshore to achieve diversification benefits 14
3.2.1. Risk mitigation is more of a developing market aim 14
3.2.2. Mature economy investors tend to globalize their portfolios to boost returns 16
3.2.3. HNW individuals investing offshore to achieve diversification benefits are more likely to opt for bond investments than their peers 17
3.3. Driver two: HNW individuals invest offshore to gain access to a broader and better range of investments 17
3.3.1. HNW investors in developing markets invest offshore to gain access to a wider range of financial products 17
3.3.2. Domestic market sector concentration bias is an important driver in developed markets 18
3.4. Driver three: HNW individuals resident in countries with complex tax systems look for tax efficiency offshore 19
3.4.1. HNW investors in the West seek tax efficiency when investing offshore 19
3.4.2. With the exception of Taiwan, tax efficiencies are not a major driver in Asia Pacific 22
3.4.3. The OECD's CRS means offshore investing for tax purposes is becoming more restrictive 23
3.4.4. Tax amnesties are becoming more common, but some have proven more successful than others 26
3.5. Driver four: HNW investors are betting on better returns offshore 28
Full Table of Contents is available at:
-- www.fastmr.com/prod/1279131_wealth_uk_hnw_investors_2017.aspx?dt ..
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015&afid=701
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)