Autodesk 3D design software technologies will support students from science, technology, engineering, digital arts, or mathematics (STEAM) related subjects to solve real world challenges
Louay Dahmash, Head of Middle East, Autodesk
PR-Inside.com: 2014-08-05 17:17:28
Abu Dhabi, 05 August 2014 – Autodesk Middle East has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Abu Dhabi Vocational Education and Training Institute (ADVETI) to advance design education and 21st century skills between ADVETI Institutes, Secondary Technical School (STS) and Autodesk as Industry and Technology partners. STS is a technical high school within ADVETI, established to provide young Emiratis with a senior high school education that has a focus on technical and technology education.
Based on the agreement signed Autodesk Middle East will collaborate closely with ADVETI faculty, STS and its curriculum development departments to facilitate the following:
• Technology access: Provide access to Autodesk Academic Resource Center which currently offers Autodesk’s professional 3D design software and creativity applications for use in all ADVETI classrooms, workshops and labs at no charge.
• Curriculum development: Develop discipline-specific curricula and courseware to enhance students’ knowledge and application of advance industry concepts and workflows including Building Information Modeling (BIM), Digital Prototyping, and Digital Entertainment Creation.
• Facilitating project-based learning: Implement project-based workshops utilizing professional Autodesk 3D design software technologies to support science, technology, engineering, digital arts, or mathematics (STEAM) related subjects to solve real world challenges.
• Training model: Conduct professional develop and excellence programs and validating faculty skills through Autodesk Certification
• Immersive learning experiences: Encourage students to participate in national design competitions organized by Autodesk to showcase their design skills and interact with peers from different states
Today’s students are tomorrow’s creative leaders who will shape the future of our economy. By imparting industry-relevant knowledge and 3D design skills to the future workforce, the collaboration between ADVETI Institutes, STS and Autodesk seeks to prepare tomorrow’s generation to take full advantage of opportunities in a new global environment,” said Louay Dahmash, Head of Middle East, Autodesk.
“3D Design technologies today are becoming critical to solve some of the most pressing challenges related to urbanization, sustainable construction, efficient manufacturing and infrastructure planning. It is important for students in the region to master these skills and apply them meaningfully for overall development of the economy. With the partnership with Autodesk, we hope to provide our students and faculty access to the best of design technologies and immersive learning experiences and contribute towards building a skilled workforce in Abu Dhabi”, said Dr. Khodair Abid, Director of Schools – ADVETI.