2013-03-14 16:00:48 -
The 7th Dubai Lynx Awards Ceremony has taken place with a record crowd of 1,836 industry professionals from the MENA region attending to find out and celebrate this year's winners of the much sought-after Lynx trophies.
Over the last few days, 40 jury members have been deliberating on 2092 entries from 19 countries to decide which are worthy of taking home a Dubai Lynx trophy. A total of 185 winners have been awarded with 6 Grands Prix, 26 Gold, 69 Silver and 84 Bronze trophies.
The Grands Prix in each category have been awarded as follows:
- Branded Content & Entertainment Grand Prix - Leo Burnett Cairo, Egypt, 'Dayman Maabaad/Always Together', Mobinil
7 Winners (1 Grand Prix, 1 Gold, 3 Silver, 2 Bronze)
Grand Prix - Y&R Dubai, UAE, 'Personal Extinction Prevention Book', Land Rover
19 Winners (1 Grand Prix, 3 Gold, 8 Silver, 7 Bronze)
- Direct Grand Prix - No Grand Prix Awarded
15 Winners (4 Gold, 8 Silver, 3 Bronze)
- Film Grand Prix - No Grand Prix Awarded
11 Winners (3 Silver, 8 Bronze)
- Film Craft Grand Prix - No Grand Prix Awarded
14 Winners (2 Gold, 3 Silver, 9 Bronze)
- Integrated Grand Prix - No Grand Prix Awarded
3 Winners (1 Silver, 2 Bronze)
- Interactive Grand Prix - No Grand Prix Awarded
13 Winners (1 Gold, 5 Silver, 7 Bronze)
- Media - Impact BBDO Beirut, Lebanon, 'A Heritage Worth Reviving', ETS. Khalil Fattal & Fils
38 Winners (1 Grand Prix, 4 Gold, 15 Silver, 18 Bronze)
- Mobile Grand Prix - No Grand Prix Awarded
4 Winners (3 Silver, 1 Bronze)
- Outdoor Grand Prix - No Grand Prix Awarded
12 Winners (2 Gold, 3 Silver, 7 Bronze)
- PR Grand Prix - Impact BBDO Beirut, Lebanon, 'A Heritage Worth Reviving', ETS. Khalil Fattal & Fils
14 Winners (1 Grand Prix, 3 Gold, 5 Silver, 5 Bronze)
- Print Grand Prix - Leo Burnett Dubai, UAE, 'Break-Free Print Campaign - Alien 3', 'Break-Free Print Campaign - Matrix', 'Break-Free Print Campaign - Scary Movie 4', Fox International Channels
14 Winners (1 Grand Prix, 3 Gold, 4 Silver, 6 Bronze)
- Print & Poster Craft Grand Prix - No Grand Prix Awarded
6 Winners (3 Silver, 3 Bronze)
- Promo & Activation Grand Prix - JWT Cairo, Egypt, 'Vodafone Fakka', Vodafone Egypt
12 Winners (1 Grand Prix, 3 Gold, 3 Silver, 5 Bronze)
- Radio Grand Prix - No Grand Prix Awarded
3 Winners (2 Silver, 1 Bronze)
Network of the Year was presented to Leo Burnett, Y&R Dubai took Agency of the Year, the new Independent Agency of the Year was awarded to Interesting Times, Beirut and Media Agency of the Year went to Starcom MediaVest Group, Dubai. The Lynx Palm Award, given to the most awarded production company, went to Lighthouse Films, Cairo.
Roy Haddad, WPP, Director, Middle East and North Africa, was present to accept his award for Dubai Lynx Advertising Person 2013. Batelco were honoured as Advertiser of the Year and Muna Al Hashimi, General Manager of Batelco's Consumer Unit, was on stage to receive the Award on behalf of Batelco.
Also announced were the winners of the Young Lynx Competition. Taking first place was the team from Mindshare Dubai, Yara Maroun, Melhem Najem and Ana AlHakim (JWT), whilst Drive Dentsu took second place and TBWA/RAAD UAE came third. Special mentions went to FP7/DXB, Y&R Dubai and DDB Dubai. The winner of the new Dubai Lynx Masar Student Creative Award, Hala Makhlouf, was presented with her award on stage. She beat 117 other competitors to take the prize.
From tomorrow, all of the 2013 winners can be viewed online at www.dubailynx.com.
About Dubai Lynx International Festival of Creativity
The Dubai Lynx International Festival of Creativity is the leading awards and festival for creative excellence in advertising and communications in the Middle East and North Africa and the must-attend event on the region's industry calendar. Since its launch in 2007, the number of entry categories at Dubai Lynx has more than doubled due to creativity stretching across a greater number of forms of communications. Held at the Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai, next year's event will take place 10-13 March 2013, and will once again include an unbeatable line-up of international jurors who will use their expertise to award the best in creativity. For more information, please visit www.dubailynx.com/
Source: Dubai Lynx International Festival of Creativity
Contact: Amanda Benfell, PR & Press Manager Dubai Lynx International Festival of Creativity www.dubailynx.com Tel: +44-20-3033 4000; Email: email@example.com
Emma Lancaster, Festival Director Dubai Lynx International Festival of Creativity 34th Floor, Media One Tower, Dubai Media City PO Box 2331, Dubai, UAE www.dubailynx.com Tel: +971 4 427 3090; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2013 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.