2013-05-01 22:59:19 - ThunderCloud Subs has announced the launch of its popular annual competition to design the artwork for the 2013 ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot, the beloved five-mile Thanksgiving Day run benefitting Caritas of Austin. Artists ranging from graphic design professionals to high school students will compete to create the event artwork, which will be plastered on 20,000 T-shirts and countless posters and banners, and to win a year’s worth of ThunderClouds subs— that’s a sub a day for one lucky winner. The entry deadline is June 9.
This is the fourth year for the contest, and ThunderCloud’s owners are enthusiastic about engaging the community in the friendly competition. “Every year the contest entries get even more creative,” says Mike Haggerty, co-owner of ThunderCloud Subs. “The ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot has become so well-known that the annual design contest has evolved into an exposure opportunity for talented local artists. It’s quite a thrill to see their art on 20,000 T-shirts running around Town Lake.”
The winner’s art will be featured on all event materials, including the 20,000-plus race T-shirts, posters, race forms, printed ads, television commercials, website, social media, and more.
While 365 free subs and artistic exposure are both compelling reasons to enter, perhaps the most enticing reason of
all is the chance to be a part of an event that supports the community in such a big way. ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot has raised $1,828,375 for Caritas of Austin since the Thanksgiving Day tradition first started in 1990.
More than 20,000 participants are expected for this year’s Turkey Trot. The event includes a five-mile run, one-mile walk, and a Kids’ K that all take place outside the Long Center for the Performing Arts. Last year, the Turkey Trot raised $260,000 for Caritas of Austin, and ThunderCloud’s owners believe that this year’s event will raise even more.
The deadline for entries in the 2013 Turkey Trot logo design contest is June 9, and the winner will be announced June 25. For more info and contest details, visit www.thundercloud.com.
The fine print:
“Entry” means digital line art in a JPG or EPS format created by the Entrant for this contest or hand drawn art mailed to ThunderCloud Subs Inc, 1102 W. 6th Street, Austin, TX 78703, Attn: Art Contest, postmarked by the deadline date above.
“Entrant” means individual that created the art.
“A year’s worth of subs” means 365 free sub gift certificates.
1. The Contest is open to individuals and companies.
2. Employees of ThunderCloud Subs, affiliates associated with the Contest, the contest judges and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the Contest.
3. Entrants must be at least 18 years old to enter the Contest or have a parent’s/legal guardian’s permission to enter the Contest and have a parent/legal guardian execute the contracts if they become a finalist or winner.
How to Enter
1. Entries must be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
as a JPG, EPS or PDF file, or mailed to ThunderCloud Subs Inc, 1102 W. 6th Street, Austin, TX 78703, Attn: Art Contest.
2. Art must be original and created by the Entrant.
3. Any original illustrations submitted by mail will not be returned to Entrant.
4. Entrants will be required to register and provide personal information (name, email address, phone number, address) with their Entry. Personal information will not be sold to third parties.
5. Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so may be rejected and are not eligible to receive any prize.
6. Entries may be submitted on April 29, 2013 through June 9, 2013 (5pm CST).
7. There is no fee to enter the Contest, and no purchase necessary.
8. Void where restricted or otherwise prohibited by law. The Contest is intended for viewing in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located in the United States.
The objective of the Contest is to create original art to use for the 2013 ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot to benefit Caritas of Austin.
All artwork must include the ThunderCloud Subs logo and the Caritas of Austin logo. It is not necessary that these logos be computer generated.
All work must be original to the Entrant and submitted as a JPG, EPS or PDF file, or original illustration. Art can be line art or illustration, but not to include photos. Art must be four color process.
Subject to the legal requirements outlined above, the winner will be announced at www.thundercloud.com on June 25, 2013.
Grand Prize Winner will receive:
1. 365 free subs of your choice gift certificate.
2. Up to 10 certificates can be redeemed at one time.
3. Announcement by name at www.thundercloud.com.
Judging and Selection of Winner
1. The winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received by the May 18th deadline. Entries are judged on creativity, usability, originality, and appropriateness.
2. As a condition of entry and before being awarded any prize, prize winner has assigned all ownership and intellectual property (including without limitation copyright) rights in and to the art, to The ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot.
3. The winner must be willing to submit original files so that the art can be adjusted to keep in compliance with ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot brand standards.
4. Where legally permitted, all winners, as a condition to being awarded any prize, will grant permission for ThunderCloud Subs to make public and otherwise use Winners’ name, likeness, voice and city and state of residence for publicity purposes.
1. All submitted work must be original and not based on copyrighted material.
2. All submitted work becomes the property of the ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and ThunderCloud Subs in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and ThunderCloud Subs relating to the Contest.
About ThunderCloud Subs
Since 1975, ThunderCloud Subs has been Austin’s original neighborhood sub shop, with a rich tradition of serving fresh, fast, and healthy food in a comfortable atmosphere. ThunderCloud operates 26 locations in Central Texas. For more information, visit www.thundercloud.com or call 512-479-8805.