2014-02-18 13:22:54 - SMi's 10th annual oncology imaging conference will provide comprehensive insights into the usage of imaging in clinical trials, giving delegates access to the latest information, legislation and case studies across the industry from innovators including Roche Diagnostics, Novartis and GSK, among others.
Experts say 2014 is the time to focus on improving patient safety and the patient experience — and many vendors are already falling in line. As medical imaging companies work on radiation dose reduction, the performance of their equipment must not dip as well. The goal is for the technology to have a positive impact on not just individuals, but the public as well. While adoption of these technologies rises, the benefits of radiation reduction will expand to hospitals and other medical facilities that buy updated diagnostic equipment and tools.
(Source: Diagnostic Imaging, 2014: The Year of Patient-Friendly Technology, 2014
SMi's 10th annual imaging conference will provide attendees with a comprehensive insight into the industry and its future. We will be
considering the current landscape of personalised imaging within the field of oncology, as research suggests healthcare that is inherently more ‘personal’ is the way forward. In addition, this year’s event will explore current and future legislation and its impact on imaging. The use of imaging in clinical trials will also be examined and discussed together with the use of novel biomarkers.
This year's conference highlights include:
• Exploring new opportunities for cost-effective imaging management
• Discovering new alternatives to expensive independent reviews – hear from globally recognised experts
• Discussing & debating case studies, challenges and opportunities in imaging guidelines featuring Novartis and GSK
• Gaining insight into the challenges of imaging in Europe
• Evaluating & strategizing the power of imaging
Speaker Panel includes:
• Dr Azeem Saleem, Head of Oncology Applications, Imanova Centre for Imaging Sciences
• Lori Dodd, PhD, Biostatistics Research Branch, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, US National Institutes of Health
• Dr Marijn Vlaming, Research Scientist, TNO
• Prash Krishna, Global Clinical Leader - Oncology, Novartis
• Pallavi Chaturvedi, Imaging Project Manager, GSK Vesalius Imaging
• Francois Lassailly, Head of in Vivo Imaging, Cancer Research UK
• Dr Malcom Barratt-Johnson, Managing Director, PharmaMedic Consultancy Ltd
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, visit www.smi-online.co.uk/2014cancer-imaging67.asp
Plus Interactive Pre Conference Workshop
11 March 2014 | 08:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Host: Dr Marijn Vlaming, Research Scientist, TNO
Pharmaceuticals can book on for only £999 - please contact Jonathan Collins +44 207 827 6734 | firstname.lastname@example.org