2012-03-26 17:44:51 - Listening to the story of the Boogeyman from New Jersey, find out about the largest man to ever live, and other bizarre, unusual and weird topics discussed this week on Ripley Radio
ORLANDO, Fla. (March 26, 2012) - A nun who gives messages and pigs who serve as ball boys are just a few of the weird and wonderful promotions that baseball club owner and promoter Mike Veeck (pictured at right) has propagated over the years. The King of Baseball Promotion drops by Ripley Radio this week and tells us what unusual activities he has planned for his ballparks in 2012.
An incredible tale of killing, deception and avoidance of the law is the story behind Fran Capo’s segment about the Boogeyman of Westfield. She wrote about him in her book Myths and Mysteries of New Jersey, and she recounts the amazingly grisly story to our listeners this week.
Additional Crazy, Bizarre and
Unusual Stories Featured This Week on Ripley Radio:
• One of the creepiest looking insects ever thought to be extinct but wasn’t is commonly being called a “tree lobster,” and while the story of its survival – down to only 5 creatures at one time – is uplifting, its looks aren’t very conducive to nightmare free nights! Angela fills us in on all the why’s and where’s.
• Miles Darden, The Tennessee Giant, is probably the largest man to ever live! Marc Hartzman shares the story of the big guy.
• In Jackpotting with James Taylor, the historian tells the tale of the man with three eyes, Bill Durks.
• For nearly a century, mysterious lights have appeared on Brown Mountain, near Raleigh, N.C., and nobody during those 100 years has been able to figure out what they are or where they come from. Return Intern Abby provides an insight into the phenomena and explains how the little community is finally starting to cash in on it.
• Ralf reports on a “dumb criminal” who was caught with several items, including a 19-inch flat screen TV, in his pants as he was leaving Wal-Mart.
Ripley Radio is a journey through the weird, wacky, whimsical, wild, and totally unbelievable world of the odd, strange and unusual. Each show provides listeners with amazing and absolutely true tales of today, as well as unbelievable facts culled from the extensive archives of the company that has been freaking out families for more than 90 years!
The weekly broadcast is an unpredictable and fun-filled show that proves beyond all dimensions that Ripley’s is indeed, the global authority on the weird, strange, bizarre and the UNBELIEVABLE!
For detailed information on each show, the hosts and a look at the extensive archives, please visit the Ripley Radio website. Ripley Radio – An On-Demand Oddcast is also on Facebook. Drop by and “Like” us!
A new show is available every Monday morning on www.ripleyoddcast.com; www.webtalkradio.net; and www.cyberstationusa.com.
To listen on a mobile device, download the free app at www.stitcher.com
About Ripley Radio
Ripley Radio is owned by Ripley Entertainment Inc., keepers of the venerable Ripley’s Believe It or Not! brand and is a global leader in location-based entertainment. More than 12 million guests visit its 80-plus world-wide attractions annually. The Orlando-based company also has divisions that oversee publishing, licensing and broadcast operations. Ripley Entertainment is a Jim Pattison Company, the third-largest privately held company in Canada.
Ripley Radio Executive Producer
Ripley Entertainment Inc.
Office – 615-646-7465
Cell – 615-496-5949