2014-02-03 17:16:49 - The 4th Annual Traumatic Brain Injury Conference is pleased to announce a crowd-funding initiative to benefit military researchers and interested Military personnel.
Blast and combat-related traumatic brain injury (TBI) are serious issues for both veterans and active duty military. Research into the treatment and long-term ramifications of these injuries is necessary to help TBI survivors retain a good quality of life.
The initiative will fund conference registration fees for scientific researchers and physicians from the military in order for them to participate in the event and utilize the latest research to help injured veterans and active duty military who have suffered an injury in the field of duty.
The 2014 Traumatic Brain Injury Conference (www.tbiconference.com) will take place on April 16 &17, 2014 in Washington DC. The event will bring together the world’s leading TBI researchers and thought leaders to discuss classification, diagnostics,
imaging and outcomes research through presentations focused on:
• Clinical case studies showcasing gaps in treatment to facilitate the discussion of possible solutions
• The epidemiological importance of TBI
• Advances in neuroimaging (PET imaging, volumetric MRI, etc.)
• Lessons learned from failed TBI clinical trials
• Giving voice to the patient community
• Multi-omics approaches to develop a molecular classification on TBI
• TBI and CTE outcomes research
• TBI-related dementia and neurodegenerative diseases
• Use of biomarkers as surrogate outcome measures in TBI trials
• Biomarkers in diagnosis and drug development in TBI
• TBI international initiatives and natural history study
• Challenges and solutions in the diagnosis of sport-related concussions
• Review of TBI pharmacology and product candidates in the pipeline
Donations to the initiative can be given at: igg.me/at/TBIConference/x/6090645