2014-04-02 09:18:24 - CMT, together with Croatian Chamber of Economy as industry supporter, is hosting its flagship event 15th GEPET in Dubrovnik, Croatia on 20-21 May, 2014, to explore the PET Trade, Applications & Recycling market opportunities in the Greater European region.
Renowned for timely assessment of the region’s array of issues pertaining to – PET recycling, rPET, new mergers & acquisitions, raw material prices, global overcapacity as well as perspectives from bottlers & fillers, brand owners and many more, CMT’s 15th edition of GEPET (Greater Europe PET Resin Trade, Applications & Recycling) conference in Dubrovnik promises perspectives on ‘New planned capacities in the region amidst global oversupply & margin pressures
Designed to explore key trends in the region’s PET resin trade, applications & recycling industry, the summit opens on 20 May with a talk on ‘Future of Croatia’s Plastic Industry’ by Dr. Gordana Pehnec Pavlovic, Executive Secretary, Croatian Plastics and Rubber Industry Association. Next in line are senior representatives from Coca-Cola, Arihant
Global, Polisan Holdings, Equipolymers presenting on ‘Central Asia & Caucasus Noncarbonated Beverages Market ‘PX-PTA: Feedstock availability from Asia into European market ‘Polisan's PET Acquisition in Volos Greece – Why we see this as a strategic fit to our business, ‘Update and planned production capacities of the new PET resin for bottle market’ respectively.
Several country-focused outlook on PET trade will be shared as well, namely on Lativia by Kaspars Fogelmanis, Director, JSC PET Baltija; Slovak Republic by Rastislav Borek, Business Director, General Plastic; Macedonia by Arijan Toska, Executive Director of MDC TI Net and Russia by Maria Serdobolskaya, Commercial Director, Plarus.
The rest of key sessions include:
• In a year of adversity could Europe be flooded with PET? by David Swift, PCI (PET Packaging, Resin & Recycling) Ltd
• Beer, Soft Drinks & Water in PET (PLG Slovenia) by Lilijana Peklar, Development Manager – Packaging, Pivovarna Laško, d.d
• Highly efficient recycling technologies for post-consumer and industrial PET waste by Dr. Stephan Suellwald, Manager Technical Sales, Gneuss Kunststofftechnik GmbH
• Increasing sustainability with 100% rPET material by Senior Representative, APPE
• Viscotec – foodgrade without compromise by Markus Fellinger, GM – Viscotec, Starlinger & Co GmbH
• Portugal – New Developments in PET Packaging & Closures – Rui Peneda, Managing Director, GEPack
• Raising the bar for lighter PET bottle for CSD – PET LITE 9.9 GRAM by Jochen Forsthövel, Expert Product Management – Plastics Technology, Krones AG
As in the past, this much awaited one-stop platform for delegates to discuss, explore, and abreast themselves on the emerging trends in the Greater European PET industry, is expected to be attended by major feedstock suppliers (PX/PTA/MEG), PET resin producers & suppliers, polyester manufacturers, polymer/ petrochemical traders, converters & preform manufacturers, technology providers, recycling companies, bottlers/fillers, brand owners and many more.
More details are available on the event website www.cmtevents.com/main.aspx?ev=140511&=pu256255
For enquiries, contact Ms. Hafizah at +65 6346 9218.