2014-01-29 06:16:35 - On 18-19 March, 2014 CMT’s 6th Africa CemenTrade Summit in Lusaka, Zambia hosts top cement companies and senior government officials in a dialog on expansion plans, investment case study & challenges, plus upcoming opportunities in African cement industry, particularly – Zambia, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique and Angola.
Riding on the surge in development and construction projects in the African continent, 6th Africa CemenTrade Summit is poised to spotlight on prospects of the African cement industry, specifically on cement industry policies/strategies in Zambia, cement giants’ expansion plans in Africa, market trends/outlook for Nigeria, Zambia, Angola, Mozambique, Kenya, Tanzania as well as freight chartering and energy cost optimization challenges.
Opening the summit is a senior representative from Zambia Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry (MCTI). This is followed by a Keynote Address on ‘Development of Cement Market in Zambia’ by Emmanuel Rigaux, CEO, Lafarge Cement and ‘Case Study of Investing in Cement Plant Across Africa’ by Albert Corcos, Regional CEO, Eastern & South Africa, Dangote Cement.
Also in the agenda is
a review on ‘The African Opportunity – Opportunities and Challenges for Cement Sector Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa’ with details on global cement demand outlook 2020 and 2050 by Dr. Jochen Fabritius, Principal, McKinsey & Co. Other key sessions include:
• Competitive Landscape of Kenya’s Cement Market – Ronald Ndegwa, Managing Director, Savannah Cement Limited
• Mozambique – Cement Market Outlook – Sergio Bandeira, Director General, Cimentos de Moçambique
• Meeting Cement Demand Boom in Angola – Pedro Galvao, Trading Manager, Secil-Companhia Geral de Cal e Cimento
• Nigeria’s Cement Market Continues to Shine! – Vipul Agrawal, Technical Assistance & Marketing Director, United Cement Company of Nigeria Ltd (Unicem)
• Prospect of the Global Freight Market – Marvel International Management & Transportation Co
• Alternative fuel usage & practical experience in Africa – Wilfried Zieri
• Cement Sector Capital Project Efficient Execution & Management Strategies – Piet Heersche, Managing Director, Cemcon
• Thermal & Waste Heat Recovery Solutions for Optimizing the Energy Cost to Cement Industry – Mandar Erande, Sales Manager – Africa/Middle East, Power Division, Thermax Limited
• Financing Cement Projects in Sub-Sahara Africa – Senior Representative, African Development Bank
The 1.5 days summit closes on 19 March with an Optional Site Visit to Lafarge Chilanga Cement Plant.
For more details, visit 6th Africa CemenTrade Summit website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
at +65 6346 9147.