2013-03-03 12:20:45 - The followingstatistics and facts arebased on arecentstudyconductedbyIPSOSJordanfor the first time in Palestine(WestBankandGaza Strip)
. The samplesizeofthis study was 2,200representingthePalestiniansin the West BankandGazaStripaged 15 years and above distributed among different demographics criteria in harmony with the census of the Palestinian Central Bureau ofStatistics.
The fieldwork of NMA PalestineStudywas conductedbetweenSeptemberandOctober 2012, The Methodology used was based onFace to Face interview with random selection. The results of the Study were issued on January 2013.
The following 10 facts(in bold):
• TV is the most common media in Palestine as 83% ofPalestinians watch TV on a Daily basis:can be tweeted on twitter
o Furthermore, 9 pm is the peak time of watching TV in Palestine as 38% of Palestinianswatch TV at this time on a daily basis, Where theyspend watching TV on average of 2 hours and 3 minutes per day
40% of Palestinians’ Households are subscribed to the Internet service:can be tweeted on twitter
o The penetration of Internet subscribed households at west bank is 43%, while only 33% of Households at Gaza Strip are subscribed to the Internet.
• 44% of Palestinians use the Internet:can be tweeted on twitter
o 65% of those are heavy Internet users as they use it on a daily basis,local and international news are the most common content among male internet users, while health and fitness is the most common content among female Internet users.
• 73% of Internet users in Palestine are using social networks:can be tweeted on twitter
o The vast majorities of them use "Facebook" for social networking (by 98%), while only 10% of social networkers in Palestine use "Twitter".
• 66% of Palestinian Households’ own at least one computer: can be tweeted on twitter
o Computer ownership percentage among Palestinian households iswithin the average of computer ownership among Middle East and North Africa, where 57% of Palestinian Households have at least one desktop computer, and 43% of them have at least one laptop.
• 83% of Palestinians have anactive mobile line:can be tweeted on twitter
o Where 91% of Palestinians mobile subscribersare subscribed to aprepaid line.
• 24% of Palestinians have Smartphone:can be tweeted on twitter
o Smart phones are most popular among the youth segments in Palestine, where 3 out of 10 Palestinians aged between 15 & 24 own a Smartphone.
• Only 4% of Palestinians are planning to submit for a loan in the near future:can be tweeted on twitter
o Furthermore, among those 36% are planning to submit for a home loan, while 30% are planning to submit for a personal loan.
• In Palestine, daily newspapers are most popular among older age segments:can be tweeted on twitter
o Where 12% of those who are 45 and above read it on daily bases, while only 8% among the 15-24 age bracket
• 53% of Palestinians consider TV as their main source of information:can be tweeted on twitter
o Followed by Internet with 20%, then word of mouth by 9%, followed by radio 8%, daily newspapers by 5%, and other sources by 3%.