2013-09-22 13:59:01 - Offers businesses first full mobile Managed File Transfer capabilities – overcoming critical security, visibility, control and productivity barriers
Dubai, UAE – September 22nd, 2013 – StarLink, the region’s trusted security-specialized “True” Value-Added-Distributor (VAD), along with it partner Ipswitch File Transfer, today announced the release of MOVEit 8.0 – a software package that, for the first time, enables mobile workers to reliably and productively transfer files as part of key business processes, while providing IT the security, visibility and control required to confidently conduct business.
MOVEit solves problems that businesses have faced for years; trying to balance security and productivity in their mobile work policies. In an attempt to get work done, mobile users have turned to readily available file–sharing options outside the corporate IT structure. This approach causes security, visibility and control vulnerabilities for business, while file transfers are
not automatically linked to business processes.
MOVEit System extends Managed File Transfer functionality to mobile users on iOS and Android devices, integrating mobile into a company's existing file–based processes. It makes files from their business systems available to mobile users, allows users to upload new files, and automates the movement of those files back to their business systems. In addition, the system allows mobile users to send files to each other, and share information securely and helps confidently meet security and compliance demands.
MOVEit 8.0 new security features include:
• Vulnerability protection – enhanced with the latest safeguards to protect against the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top 10
• Anti–virus protection – support for McAfee, Symantec and Sophos
• Enhanced security wizard – streamlined with lockdown processes, increasing security configuration and ensuring necessary security steps are taken
• File tracking ability – auditing, visibility and control for PCI (Payment Card Industry), HIPAA/HITECH (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and SOX (Sarbanes–Oxley) compliance
• Support for server platforms and systems – Windows Server 2012, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and Microsoft Exchange/Outlook 2013
• Improved administrator control – administrators now have the option to protect sensitive email messages while always securing attachments
"Mobile devices need to be integrated with a Managed File Transfer system," said Rich Kennelly, President of Ipswitch File Transfer. "This allows all files to be delivered reliably and securely, provides IT with visibility and control of file movement, and ensures files remain associated with original business processes or business records. The new MOVEit 8.0 Mobile MFT empowers our customers to adopt mobile without feeling that they are taking unacceptable security risks".
"We are pleased to offer our customers in the MENA region with MOVEit System an IT-approved solution to securely transfer large business files reliably, thus confidently meeting SLAs and compliance requirements with complete control over customers file transfer activity, said Avinash Advani, Director – Business Strategy, StarLink.
Ipwitch File Transfer will showcase its new MOVEit solution with Starlink at Gitex Technology Week 2013, at its Stand A2-2, Hall 2.