2013-01-14 23:08:18 -
SAN RAFAEL, CA--(Marketwire - January 14, 2013) -
On January 10, a large crowd of food safety and quality assurance (FSQA) professionals joined SafetyChain Software for the first of its 2013 "How To" Series -- interactive webcasts that help the FSQA community learn how to use food safety chain management innovations to ensure safety, quality and compliance at all points in the global food supply chain.
Key points made in the webcast included how automating supplier compliance and management functions supported:
- Eliminating manual processes from vendor approval programs
- FSQA Compliance by keeping non-compliant ingredients/raw materials
- from coming in and going in to production
- Trending and analysis to help make informed decisions on suppliers
- The ability to be audit ready on-demand for regulatory (such as USDA, FDA), non-regulatory (such as GFSI) and customer audits.
- The webinar also looked at food safety supplier compliance from the viewpoint of the supplier -- showing how automation makes it easier for food suppliers to work with their customers.
The webinar also featured a high level demonstration of SafetyChain for Food's supplier compliance and management modules, highlighting automation capabilities, including the ability to:
- Receive realtime alerts when inbound raw materials and ingredients are non-compliant -- preventing the materials from going into production
- Maintain an up-to-date library of information for vendor approval programs
- Track document expiration dates with proactive automated notifications to suppliers prior to expiration
- Automate COA acceptance when results meet regulatory, non-regulatory and customer spec
- Provide visibility upstream and downstream
- Perform performance trending from a central repository of supplier and FSQA data
- Time/date stamp stamped data for audit readiness
- Respond fast to customer complaints and conduct FSQA root cause analysis
- Lower cost of goods made
- Prepare for FDA's FSMA proposed preventative control for human food and produce rules
To watch the webcast on demand click here :
To learn more about SafetyChain's comprehensive food safety and quality assurance solution modules visit www.safetychain.com : www.safetychain.com/
About SafetyChain Software
SafetyChain Software's SafetyChain for Food™ helps the food and beverage industry manage safety and quality compliance in realtime -- preventing non-compliant ingredients, raw materials and finished product from coming in or going out. With SafetyChain for Food's affordable solution modules -- for Supplier Compliance & Management, Safety & Quality Data Reporting, HACCP/GFSI Compliance and Customer & Finished Product Compliance -- food growers, producers, manufacturers, distributors, retailers, food services and importers save time, save money and create efficiencies that contribute to the bottom line. SafetyChain for Food is a global, Software-as-a-Service solution, designed for fast deployment and even faster ROI. www.safetychain.com : www.safetychain.com/
Image Available: www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2013/1/14/11G003357/safetychaini ..
: www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2013/1/14/11G003357/safetychaini ..
Email contact :
docid: 20130114_11G003357-001.nitf -->