2012-11-27 17:09:30 -
ST. LOUIS, MO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/27/12 -- RGA Reinsurance Company, a subsidiary of Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (RGA), today announced the panel of judges for the RGA Market Innovation Challenge, a national competition aimed at identifying ways to promote individual protection insurance products to young Americans.
"RGA is pleased to announce the prestigious panel of judges for the Market Innovation Challenge," said Rodney Brown, Vice President, Global Research and Development, RGA. "We focused on gathering a seasoned group of professionals with varied backgrounds and industry expertise to ensure a comprehensive, impartial contest evaluation."
Nine judges from the academic and business sectors will evaluate entries to the competition:
- David Atkinson, Vice Chairman, Executive Vice President, Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated
- Don Behan, Ph.D., Consulting Actuary, Senior Research Associate, Georgia State University
- Jed Frees, Ph.D., Professor Actuarial Science, University of Wisconsin
- Hank George, FALU, CLU, FLMI, President and Chief Executive Officer, Hank George, Inc.
- Donna Kinnaird, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated
- Kevin Pledge, FIA, FSA, Chief Executive Officer, Insight Decision Solutions
- Dora Smith, ABC, Director, Online and Social Media, Siemens PLM Software
- Angela Winingham, GBA, Account Executive, MetLife, Adjunct Professor Washington University
- Walt Zultowski, Ph.D., Principal, WZ Research + Consulting, LLC
"RGA appreciates the effort and time these judges will be devoting to the Market Innovation Challenge," said Brown. "Their efforts will enable RGA to choose the winning entry and share the innovative idea with the U.S. insurance industry."
The RGA Market Innovation Challenge will award winning entrants cash prizes, including a grand prize of $25,000, and is open to any U.S. citizen 18 years of age or older. Winning entries will be announced by May 1, 2013. More information about the Challenge, judging criteria, prizes and eligibility can be found at www.rgainnovation.com : www.rgainnovation.com/
RGA Reinsurance Company is the principal operating subsidiary of Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA). RGA is among the largest global providers of life reinsurance with operations in Australia, Barbados, Bermuda, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States. As of September 30, 2012, the company had approximately $2.9 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $39.9 billion.
Source: RGA Reinsurance Company
For further information, please contact:
Vice President, Corporate Communications
Email Contact : www2.marketwire.com/mw/emailprcntct?id=6275761F2A0CDC70
RGA Reinsurance Company
1370 Timberlake Manor Parkway
Chesterfield, Missouri 63017-6039