2014-02-18 11:25:06 - Data integration platform helps improve simplicity, speed, control and compliance in enterprise data environments
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, 18th February, 2014 – Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the general availability of Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization 6, a comprehensive platform for data integration and unified access across disparate data sources that is designed to turn big data into actionable information.
Data is spread throughout organizations in various big data and traditional stores such as Apache Hadoop, relational databases and NoSQL stores such as MongoDB. Integrating and transforming data from these disparate stores can be a challenge to access or productively use. The difficulty of making this data accessible to external applications, such as analytics and business intelligence software, can be a barrier to effectively
leveraging these technologies to extract valuable and actionable information from the data. JBoss Data Virtualization helps solve this problem by allowing for simultaneous access to these disparate stores.
Red Hat further helps customers overcome these challenges through collaboration with industry leaders such as Hortonworks, the leading contributor to and provider of enterprise Apache Hadoop. Combining the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) with JBoss Data Virtualization integrates Hadoop with existing data sources and creates business-friendly virtual data models for improved access by external applications.
JBoss Data Virtualization provides fast, native out-of-the-box connectivity to various data sources with diverse access methods and storage models. Data from these sources is abstracted and presented in a way that frees developers to focus on the creation and delivery of their applications without having to know the technical and compatibility nuances associated with each data source and type.
JBoss Data Virtualization supports a range of IT projects and initiatives:
• Self-Service Business Intelligence: A virtual, reusable data model provides business-friendly representation of data, allowing users to interact with data without needing to know the complexities of its structure or location and allowing multiple BI tools to acquire data from a centralized data layer.
• Unified 360◦ View: Deliver a complete view of master and transactional data in real-time. The virtual data layer serves as a unified, enterprise-wide view of business information that improves users’ ability to understand and leverage enterprise data.
• Agile SOA Data Services: A data virtualization layer delivers data services to service-oriented architecture (SOA) applications. JBoss Data Virtualization accelerates the creation of data services that encapsulate data access logic and allows multiple business services to acquire data from a centralized data layer, resulting in a looser coupling between business services and physical data sources.
• Better Compliance Control: A data virtualization layer delivers data firewall functionality. Data virtualization improves data quality with centralized access control, robust security and a reduction in physical copies of data. The metadata repository catalogs enterprise data locations and the relationships between data elements in constituent data stores, simplifying auditing and analysis.
Data-driven enterprises can maximize the business value of their data by establishing the organization, processes and infrastructure necessary to manage data as a strategic asset, allowing relevant, trusted data to be delivered quickly when, where and how needed to support the changing needs of the business. JBoss Data Virtualization technology provides lean and agile transformation of fragmented data into actionable information to thrive in the data-driven economy.
Feature highlights in JBoss Data Virtualization 6 include:
• Big data and cloud data integration through support for Hadoop, NoSQL databases, Red Hat JBoss Data Grid and a tech preview of MongoDB as data sources;
• Business dashboard to quickly build reports and visualize data;
• Enhanced developer productivity through a graphical virtual data model design tool integrated with Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio, SQL-DDL-based virtual database definitions, import/reuse functions, and support for native queries;
• Simplified deployment and packaging with Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP).
JBoss Data Virtualization 6 is available for download now.
Craig Muzilla, senior vice president, Applications Platform Products Group, Red Hat
“Information management and delivery are critical functions of modern business operations. If organizations are going to have any success translating meaningless data into actionable information, integration tools like JBoss Data Virtualization play a key role in making the data readily accessible.”
Keizo Sugiyama, Executive Director, Green Cloud Division, KDDI R&D Laboratories, Inc.
"As a telecommunications carrier, it is crucial to be able to utilize a wide variety of data effectively to improve our quality of service and design new applications. We’re excited about Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization 6 and expect to enhance the way for big data analytics in cooperation with Hadoop and NoSQL to increase productivity, and believe it will help accelerate our R&D activities and business."
Brad Shimmin, research director, Business Technology and Software, Current Analysis
"Organizations seeking immediate and transformational business insight through big data should not underestimate the difficulties involved in integrating the many data sources upon which a successful analytics endeavor depends. Big data integration is the key to unlocking the combined potential of data sources, such as spreadsheets, databases, line-of-business applications, and Hadoop clusters. By employing a data virtualization layer such as Red Hats JBoss Data Virtualization, companies can better integrate and unify disparate data sources for application consumption and analysis."
John Kreisa, vice president strategic marketing, Hortonworks
“We're pleased to see Red Hat bringing to market a compelling big data integration solution that addresses a critical market need for better and faster insight into data. Red Hat’s JBoss Data Virtualization technology makes combining existing enterprise data assets with data that is in Hortonworks Data Platform both easy and fast."
Karl Van den Bergh, vice president, Products and Alliances, Jaspersoft Corporation
"The volume, velocity and variety of data in the enterprises are on the rise. The need to transform this data into actionable insight is a top priority for today's CIO. Red Hat and Jaspersoft bring together a comprehensive and easy-to-use solution that delivers ‘Data to Actionable Insight’, helping to turn an organization's untapped and underutilized data into competitive advantage."
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT.
PROCRE8 for Red Hat
Tel: +97150 6400762