2013-12-18 19:31:56 - Senior Rail and Transport industry leaders meet in London on March 12th 2014, to discuss the latest challenges of implementing Communications Based Train Control (CBTC) systems for future railway planning.
A one day conference organised by Sagacity Media, engineering directors and key innovation and strategy managers are confirmed to present from North America, Germany, France, Italy and the UK.
Organisers recently announced the addition of Dr Alan Rumsey, Vice President of Rail and Transit for the Delcan Corporation, as the latest participant to join the forum line up.
Dr Rumsey stated;
“Given the extensive installed-base of CBTC systems around the world today, and with close to 30 years of actual revenue service experience with this technology, the benefits of CBTC are now clearly real and repeatable, and the technology is well established as both “service-proven”, and “safety-proven”, offering operational benefits that cannot be achieved with prior generations of signalling technology. Today, the challenges facing the rail transit industry in implementing CBTC are therefore less related to “can CBTC deliver the anticipated benefits?” and more related to “what is the
process that should be followed to successfully implement CBTC technology on an operating transit system?”
Dr Rumsey will be drawing on the lessons learnt from a number of case studies, providing “a recipe for success” in implementing CBTC on existing transit lines when failure is simply not an option.
The Delcan Corporation was awarded a cooperative agreement with the United States Federal Transit Administration (FTA) to evaluate the implementation of CBTC on heavy and light rail transit systems, as part of the FTA’s efforts to promote the research and development of new technologies that will improve the safety and efficiency of rail transit system operations.
Key industry leaders presenting include
• Technical leader of the UNIFE coordinated project NGTC, Thales Canada, David Dimmer
• London Overground and Crossrail, Deputy Operations Director, Duncan Cross
• Capital Programmes, London Underground, Engineering Director, George Clarke
• Delcan Corporation, Dr Alan Rumsey, Vice President Rail and Transit
• GTT Metro, Technological project innovation manager, Alberto Forchino
• London Underground, SUP ATC Engineering Manager, Hugh Bridge
• DB Netz AG, Project Leader openETCS, Klaus Rudiger Hase
• SNCF, Technical Project Director, Saïd El Fassi
• SNCF, Director for Strategy, Innovation, Research and Regulation, Dr Pierre Messulam
• B.C. Rapid Transit Company, Manager, Operations Planning, Ian Graham
• Mott MacDonald, Elaine Thompson, Principal Human Factors Engineer, Karl King, Head of Rail Control Systems
• TPD Technologies, Director, Paul Cheeseman
• ITCertifer, International Business Manager, Gino Di Mambro
About Sagacity Media
Sagacity Media is a independent events media organiser specialising in Conferences, Workshops and Directors Clubs in Smart Infrastructure sectors and their respective peripherals.
For more information visit www.railcontrolsystems.com
To learn more, please contact
James Nesbitt, Programme Director
1 Lords Street, Watermans House, Gravesend
Office: +44 (20) 7096 1754