Fujitsu Launches PLEMIA M3/SQ-Tracer V2 Document Management Package
2013-02-28 11:31:24 -
Tokyo, Feb 28, 2013 - (JCN Newswire) - Fujitsu Limited and Fujitsu Systems West Limited today announced the availability of PLEMIA M3/SQ-Tracer V2(1), a software package to assist in developing electronic control systems for the automotive and precision-equipment/electronics industries.
Developed by Fujitsu Systems West Limited, PLEMIA M3/SQ-Tracer V2 enables the traceability(2) for individual documentation - covering product requirements, specification
documents, and test results used in the development of electronic control systems - to be set at a much more detailed level than currently possible. The world's first(3) requirement document management technology ensures that documents (original files) remain consistent with traceability data (meta data) as traceability data is automatically updated whenever actual files are revised. There is also no need to make major changes to work processes, such as the process of creating design documents using Excel or other Microsoft Office tools.
In addition, it greatly enhances intuitive operability with drag-and-drop features, and is compliant with ISO 26262(4), the functional safety standard for onboard control systems.
These functions mean impact assessment tasks that accompany specification changes can be reduced by nearly 50% compared to levels prior to the introduction of the new package software. In the future, together with providing a Chinese-language version of PLEMIA M3/SQ-Tracer V2, Fujitsu will also expand functionality of related products.
In the automotive control systems development industry, International Safety Standard ISO 26262 was issued in November 2011 to achieve high functional safety in products(5). Accordingly, the full-scale adoption of ISO 26262 is under way, not only for European and North American manufacturers and suppliers, but for those in Japan as well.
PLEMIA M3/SQ-Tracer assists in the development of electronic control systems that conform to ISO 26262, and has been on the market since November 2011. In this new version, Fujitsu has added a traceability function that is able to trace relationships among design elements within an individual document, a feature users had long wanted. This function makes it possible to confirm the effects that accompany specification changes in a shorter time and with pinpoint accuracy.
Through offering PLEMIA M3/SQ-Tracer V2, Fujitsu and Fujitsu Systems West will be contributing to further quality improvements in the electronic control systems industry, including the automotive industry.
1. World's first requirement document management technology maintains consistency of original files and traceability data
When importing documents such as product requirements, specifications, and test result documentation that were created in Microsoft Office tools like Excel or Word into PLEMIA M3/SQ-Tracer V2, the software automatically extracts only the keywords required for document traceability (meta data) to create traceability settings.
In addition, as the world's first such technology, it can maintain consistency while managing both the document's original file and meta data as a set, ensuring traceability with just the revisions to the original file when documents are revised.
2. Intuitive operability enables quick installation and easy mastery
PLEMIA M3/SQ-Tracer V2 uses the latest RIA (Rich Internet Applications) technology, and was developed with an intuitive screen layout and drag and drop features. It can therefore shorten the time required to build the application environment to as little as two weeks as well as minimize the time required for operational training before use. It reduces user workload during installation and use of the product, allowing customers to concentrate on their primary task of product development.
Pricing and Availability
- Product Name: PLEMIA M3/SQ-Tracer V2
- Pricing (excluding tax): Starting at JPY 2.6 million for 10 licenses
- Availability: From today
- 2,000 licenses over the next three years.
- Server: Windows Server 2003 / 2008
- Client: Windows XP SP3 / Windows 7
(1) SQ-Tracer:Safety and Quality Tracer, a registered trademark of Fujitsu.
(2) Traceability:Refers to managing the relationships among requirements, specifications, and design during product development and clarifying which design documents and contents are affected in the event of specification changes in the course of the development process.
(3) The world's first:As of February 2013, according to Fujitsu's own research.
(4) ISO 26262:An international standard for development processes and work products, in light of the increasingly high performance and complexity of control systems. In addition, it sets out rigorous work product management recommendations, such as revision history management for design documents, management of hierarchies for safety requirements, and traceability guarantees.
(5) Functional safety:Refers to reducing risks to the user resulting from product malfunctions to within acceptable parameters, such as providing a product with a software self-diagnostic function.
About Fujitsu Limited
<BR /><BR />Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Over 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$54 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. For more information, please see www.fujitsu.com.
Contact:Fujitsu Limited Public and Investor Relations www.fujitsu.com/global/news/contacts/ +81-3-3215-5259
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net