SGX Securities and Derivatives Trading Grow in November
2012-12-05 08:06:55 -
Singapore Exchange (SGX) today said securities and derivatives trading grew in November from a year earlier.
- The securities market turnover an daily average value (SDAV) both grew 8% year-on-year to S$27.3 billion and S$1.3 billion respectively. Compared with October, turnover was up 5% and SDAV was up 10%.
- However, exchange traded funds turnover was down 39% year-on-year to S$327 million.
- Value of bond listings was up 91%. A total of 35 listings raised S$15.3 billion compared with 16 listings raising S$8 billion a year earlier. Hutchison Whampoa International was the biggest issuer with an issue of US$1 billion 2% Guaranteed Notes due 2017 and another of US$500 million 3.25% Guaranteed Notes due 2022
- Volume increased 23% year-on-year to 7.19 million contracts and daily average volume increased 22% to 342,506 contracts.
- Equity index options volume more than tripled year-on-year to 630,292 contracts, driven by growth in the Nikkei 225 Index Options.
- Equity index futures volume was up 17% year-on-year to 6.47 million contracts, led by China A50 futures volume which more than tripled to 1.2 million contracts. - The Nikkei 225 futures and Nifty futures volume were both up 8% and 7% to more than 2.1 million contracts and 1.2 million contracts respectively.
- OTC interest rate swaps cleared totalled S$314 billion notional since its November 2010 launch. Volume of new trades cleared in November was S$2.7 billion, a decrease of 37% year-on-year, reflecting dampened market trading and corporate activities ahead of the holiday season. The first Singapore Dollar interest rate swaps trade compression eliminated S$25 billion in outstanding notional value, whilst keeping the market exposure of the Clearing Members almost unchanged.
- AsiaClear volume increased 47% to 28,264 contracts; iron ore swaps clearing volume increased 65% to 20,877 contracts while volume of energy swaps cleared more than doubled to 1,048 contracts.
- SICOM rubber futures trading was down by half to 15,041 contracts, reflecting a year-end slowdown in the physical market.
SGX Statistics At A Glance - November 2012
Oct 2012 Nov 2012
Number of Trading Days (Securities) 22 21
Securities market Turnover Volume (million shares) 35,664 43,315
Securities market Turnover Value ($million) 25,955 27,309
Securities Daily Average ($million) 1,180 1,300
Derivatives Volume 7,033,143 7,190,079
Derivatives Daily Average Volume 333,464 342,506
Total Number of Listed Securities 780 777
Total Market Capitalisation ($million) 904,630 910,673
About Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is the Asian Gateway, connecting investors in search of Asian growth to corporate issuers in search of global capital. SGX represents the premier access point for managing Asian capital and investment exposure, and is Asia's most internationalised exchange with more than 40% of companies listed on SGX originating outside of Singapore. SGX offers its clients the world's biggest offshore market for Asian equity futures market, centred on Asia's three largest economies - China, India and Japan.
In addition to offering a fully integrated value chain from trading and clearing, to settlement and depository services, SGX is also Asia's pioneering central clearing house. Headquartered in Asia's most globalised city, and centred within the AAA strength and stability of Singapore's island nation, SGX is a peerless Asian counterparty for the clearing of financial and commodity products. For more information, please visit www.sgx.com .
Source: Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Contact: email@example.com Carolyn Lim Communications Tel: +65 6236 8139 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2012 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.