2014-04-14 22:18:53 - Branding is so important to your business success. Learn all you need to know at the Branding Lounge.
New York, New York, (April, 2014) Branding is more than just fonts and colors. It’s a visual language that businesses and entrepreneurs use to communicate and strengthen the company’s image while building customer loyalty. The problem with branding though is many just don’t know how to build a strong brand; and in not knowing, businesses are not being represented well. New York Designer and Brand Strategist, Jennifer Dopazo, with freelance writer and blogger guest, Deborah Oster Pannell, plan to change that with a workshop series: The Branding Lounge, www.thebrandinglounge.com. The series will take place once a week in New York from April 17th through July 10th.
The workshop series is geared towards entrepreneurs, small business owners, writers, and designers who wish
to deepen their ability to brand successfully. Alternating between the worlds of visual design and written content, this twelve-week series will teach participants how to develop a strong online brand and unique identity. Using hands-on exercises, the workshop offers the tools to create distinctive websites and blogs while creating a strong presence in the world of social media.
Dopazo states, “My mission is to build a community in New York to show the story behind building great products, brands, and businesses from a design perspective. These workshops can teach about tech and design and provide tips and techniques in a more user-friendly way, and not just something only for large corporations. I want to bring design to a more human level and show how everyone can create a great brand with the right knowledge.”
This unique workshop focuses on a different topic each week, including:
• Establishing Visual Brand Guidelines – Learn to refine the brand voice and create a consistent message and vision, using colors, fonts and graphics while visually connecting with the audience.
• Creating Visual Graphics to Brand Your Digital “Home Sweet Home” your blog – Learn about the visual components of a blog and how to install Google fonts, create color palettes, and much more.
• Giving Copy a Visual Voice – Learn how to give a tone and voice to headlines, tweets and quotes, and also create sharable images with snippets from written copy.
• Branding with Typography – Learn the fundamentals of typography and the different types of fonts including Open Source, free fonts, and so much more.
• Branding Social Media – Discover how to create templates in Facebook, Twitter, and blogs and how to use content on Vine, Instagram, and Pinterest.
In addition to six weeks of visual design, six weeks of written content is provided by Pannell. Just a few of those classes include: Developing Your Voice / Making Personal Connections through Storytelling / Writing Instructional Articles / Strategic Use of Social Media Platforms and More.
Six weeks of written content branding alternating every other week with six weeks of visual branding is just what businesses need to succeed. Sign up for either or both series at www.thebrandinglounge.com. For media interviews contact Dopazo at email@example.com
Jennifer Dopazo: Owner of Candelita, a multimedia design studio located in New York City. The company specializes in brand strategies, web design and development, mobile implementation, and more. Candelita works with high-end consulting clients and educational collaborative communities, with clientele including The New York Times, Gerson Lehrman Group, BlackRock as well as many artists abroad.
Deborah Oster Pannell: Freelance writer & blogger and the founder of Project Mavens, a boutique content creation and branding firm. She is also the former Director of Communications at eventwist.com. She is a regular contributor at Techsytalk and authored the young entrepreneur interview series at under30CEO.