2013-12-17 15:44:03 -
Frontier Silicon announces details of Chorus 4, its fourth generation digital radio chip. Chorus 4 is a single-chip solution, which integrates four previously separate chips to deliver significant cost and energy savings.
The chip is designed to encourage the continued advance of digital radio around the world by supporting all major global digital radio standards.
Chorus 4 provides solutions for multiple devices, including consumer radios, automotive aftermarket and, for the first time, smartphones and tablets.
The key features and benefits of Chorus 4 are.
- Low cost, single chip solution: integration of RF front-end, baseband, application processor and DAC delivers significant cost savings enabling high-quality, entry-level price point digital radios
- Ultra-low power consumption - one month’s listening of 5-6 hours a day on
a portable radio with four D-cell batteries (comparable to FM performance)
- Multiple solutions for all types of audio device
- Automotive aftermarket - solutions for head units, integrated convertors and low cost adapters
- Smart devices - enables digital radio solutions for mobile phones and tablets
- Bluetooth connectivity - connecting smart devices and digital radios to enable hybrid radio (with interactivity and additional content delivered via IP), music streaming and remote control
- Integrated service guides – users can select stations from a single list of digital and analogue stations regardless of platform
- Multiple radio standards - including support for AM, FM, DAB, DAB+, HD Radio and DRM
- Digital Tick compliant - Chorus 4 solutions meet all technology requirements for UK minimum specifications in domestic and automotive digital radio devices.
Frontier Silicon CEO, Anthony Sethill, said
“Chorus 4 represents a step change for digital radio. Our fourth generation chip offers enhanced functionality, lower cost and significantly greater energy efficiency. Chorus 4 will power multiple devices, including low-cost automotive adapters and devices with Bluetooth connectivity. For the first time, digital radio in mass-deployment smartphones is a viable proposition. As a multi-standard chip, Chorus 4 addresses emerging opportunities around the world.”
About Frontier Silicon
Frontier Silicon (part of the Toumaz Group) is the world’s leading supplier of integrated circuits and modules for digital radio and connected audio products.
Frontier Silicon is a trademark or registered trademark of Frontier Silicon Ltd.
" title="http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=bwnews&sty=20131217005871r1&sid=16929&distro=ftp\"/>" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=bwnews&sty=20131217005871r1&am ..
Jim Nicholas, VP MarketingTel: +44-207 391 0620 firstname.lastname@example.org
: mailto:email@example.com www.frontier-silicon.com : cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww ..