2013-09-25 09:03:01 -
MyFitnessPal : cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww .. , the leading free personal health and fitness system, today announced its collective community has lost more than 50 kilos globally. MyFitnessPal has made it easier than ever for their more than 40 million members to regularly track their caloric input and output, along with physical activity, giving users a greater likelihood of achieving their personal lifestyle goals.
“We are amazed by the success of our users and their dedication to a healthy and well-balanced lifestyle,” said Mike Lee, Co-Founder of MyFitnessPal. “It’s rewarding to know that we’ve helped so many people set and achieve their personal health and fitness goals, whether that means losing weight, training for a marathon, or lowering their cholesterol.”
statistics surrounding the MyFitnessPal community’s user habits and routines include.
- MyFitnessPal members have sweated through 17.2 billion minutes—or 32,000 years—of cardio.
- Walking and running are among MyFitnessPal members’ top three exercises. In fact, members have walked a total of 263 million miles and run 132 million miles, which is equivalent to travelling to the moon and back more than 1,500 times.
- Users are also improving their daily habits. Since using the platform:
94% more frequently eat smaller portions
- 89% more frequently eat nutritious foods
- 63% more frequently cook at home
- 78% more frequently work out
- In all, members have burned a staggering 125 billion calories, which is equivalent to a person weighing nearly 70 kilos running 10mph for 14,000 years.
MyFitnessPal helps more than 40 million people achieve and maintain a healthier and happier lifestyle. With a database of more than 3 million foods and hundreds of exercises, top fitness technology partners and community insights, MyFitnessPal is the leading free resource for achieving and maintaining health goals. MyFitnessPal is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. For more inspiration, visit www.myfitnesspal.com/
: cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww ..
" title="http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=bwnews&sty=20130925005405r1&sid=16929&distro=ftp\"/>" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=bwnews&sty=20130925005405r1&am ..
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: www.businesswire.com/multimedia/home/20130925005405/en/
SutherlandGold for MyFitnessPalLyndsey Besser, 415-848-7170 email@example.com