2013-03-22 06:07:57 -
/EINPresswire.com/ UK (submitpressrelease123.com - press release) Miller Homes has helped a Leicestershire family end their two-year search for a new home, after they camped out for 27 hours to secure their dream property.
The Bains family had been searching for a home big enough for husband and wife Jagjit and Gurdeep, their four-year-old twin girls and four-month-old son, as well as Mr Bains’ parents, without success. That was until they heard about the release of six new family homes at Miller Homes East Midlands’ Stretton Glen development in Great Glen.
“The village was top of our wish list,” commented Jagjit, who works in Leicester. “We have a growing family and there are fantastic schools in the area. As well as having a rural feel, it’s also close to the city centre for work. We had visited Stretton Glen before, but all of the larger properties were snapped up quickly. When we heard that these new properties were being released on a first-come, first-serve basis, we were determined to make sure that we were first in line.”
Despite the properties not being released until 11am on Saturday morning, Jagjit arrived at the car park of Stretton Glen at 8am on Friday morning. Family and friends took shifts throughout the day and Jagjit slept in his car overnight. His determination meant that he was first into the sales centre, securing the five-bedroom Rosebury style home, featuring a large family kitchen and dining area, separate lounge, family room and study, as well as a double garage.
“It wasn’t the best night’s sleep I’ve ever had, but it was well worth it. There is a real shortage of large family homes on the market. We had previously found a house that fell through at the last minute and I didn’t want that to happen again. The Miller sales team kept me going with cups of tea and even got me a little ration pack of snacks. Signing on the dotted line was a great moment and now the whole family can’t wait to move in.
Jagjit was not the only one keen to get his hands on one of the new homes, with four of them being sold on the first day of release. Each buyer over the weekend also received a £1,000 voucher to spend at the Miller Homes Options Centre, where they can choose from a range of upgraded fixtures and fittings.
Julia Portington, sales manager for Miller Homes East Midlands, believes this is a positive sign for the market:
“There has been lots of talk of a slow property market, but that’s certainly not the case at Stretton Glen. It’s about working alongside buyers in the local area and catering for their needs. As is the case with the Bains family, they were experiencing difficulty finding a large home, and that’s just what we were able to provide.
“We couldn’t believe it when Mr Bains arrived at 8am on Friday morning, but it goes to show the lengths people will go to in order to get the perfect home.”
Other newly released properties available at Stretton Glen include The Stevenson, a four-bedroom detached property at £314,950, and the four-bedroom Wells, priced at £304,950 and featuring a lounge with French doors into the garden and a master bedroom with en-suite shower room. A range of three-bedroom properties are also available, starting from £240,000.
For more information on Stretton Glen, call 0800 840 8634 or visit the sales centre, open Thursday – Monday 10.00am to 5.00pm. More details on Miller Homes’ developments across the East Midlands and the range of incentives available can be found at www.millerhomes.co.uk.
Notes to editors:
• Miller Homes is part of The Miller Group. Since it was established in 1934, Miller Homes has built more than 100,000 homes across the UK, providing a variety of properties to meet the needs of a wide range of purchasers at all stages of the property ladder.
• Miller Homes operates in eight regions across the UK – Scotland East, Scotland West, North West, Yorkshire, North East, East Midlands, West Midlands and Southern.
• Miller Homes offers a variety of incentives, including government-backed schemes and its own schemes, to assist homebuyers in purchasing a new home.
• In 2013 Miller Homes was awarded five star rating in the National Home Builders Federation New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey and the results of independent research highlighted that 97% of its own customers would recommend Miller Homes to their best friend.
• Further information is available by visiting www.millerhomes.co.uk