2013-10-14 20:01:56 - -Part of the Global Celebration of Earth’s Natural Resources-
MIAMI – October 11, 2013 – Miami Shores Chamber of Commerce announces its dynamic event line up for its Annual Street Fair, with a new “Green Day” theme presented by title sponsor North Shore Medical Center, on Saturday, October 26, 2013 in Downtown Miami Shores. Presenting co-sponsors include: Barry University, Miami Theater Center, Miami Shores Village, Miami Shores Rotary Club and the Miami Shores Community Alliance. The fair is free and will take place on NE 2nd Ave, between 94th and 100th Street, from 3:00 until 8:00 p.m.
The Street Fair is Miami Shores’ largest outdoor event. 2013 Green Day Street Fair will include great food, live music, art, community groups and family-friendly activities, with many diverse, special “Green Day” activities
for children and adults such as:
• Art Exhibits: Bakehouse Art Complex will assemble a recycled, reused, repurposed multi-media exhibit, along with other artists’ works and galleries embracing the beauty of nature.
• Energy Wise Vehicles: Solar and hybrid/smart car area, including Tesla electric, Ford electric and hybrids and Cars2Go.
• Free Health Screenings: North Shore Medical Center will be conducting free blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose screenings.
• Fashion Show: DesignLab colors the runway with smart & savvy, recycled-reused everyday product and packaging left-overs.
• Organic Spas: Personal pampering and grooming services.
• Bicycle Block: Bikes, kayaks and other transportation alternatives. Bike safety instructions and register your bike with MSPD.
• Oasis in the City: Demonstrations on how to grow a Miami garden, composting, recycling tips, rain barrels and Florida Friendly Landscaping.
• Musical Entertainment: Multiple stages with live bands and DJs featuring world music styles, including Memphis Kelly and the Bermuda High, Almost Blue, The Ludes, Cezar Santana guitar/vocalist and the Barry University music department.
• Slow Food in Motion: Healthy food vendors, pop up Farmers Market, family and fine dining options.
• Science Fun: Local schools and government agencies demonstrate everything from smart appliances to the latest in alternative power and eco-friendly products for home and office.
• Children Area Activities: Rock climbing wall, golf games, tennis, basketball and tot’s Zumba classes.
• Breathe Deep: Learn about exercise, yoga, Pilates, holistic and natural healthcare.
• Green from Head to Toe: Handcrafted jewelry, clothing and art made from sustainable materials and locally fair traded sources.
“ The goal of Green Day is to bring together a variety of representatives from the State of Florida and Miami-Dade County departments, as well as healthy food vendors, local schools, artisans, etc,” says Lance Harke, Chamber President. “The event will create a unique festival marketplace to attract local residents and tourists visiting Miami to discover and celebrate the goodness of green.” For more information on events times and activities, visit www.miamishores.com/calendar/
Local participants showcasing in the Green Day activities include Miami Dade County Extension Office, Water & Sewer Division, Fruit & Spice Park, Audubon Societies, Bakehouse Art Complex, Bakeshop Miami, Biscayne Bay Aquatic Preserve, Biscayne Unitarian Church, Blue Moon Kayak, Brockway Memorial Library, Casey’s Corner,Cars2Go, Costco, Cote Gourmet, Dade Chapter-Florida Native Plant Society, Doctors Charter School, Flamingo Road Nursery, GG Salon and Spa,Home Depot, Knolls Landscape Design, League of Women Voters, Metro-Ford, Miami Country Day School, Miami Shores Holistic Health, Miami Theater Center, Mr. Solar, Pilates Miami Shores, Pizza Fiore, Primal Fit, Proper Sausages, Rava Design, Roden & Fields Dermatologists, Miami Shores Rotary-Rock Climbing Wall, St. Rose of Lima Church School, Tesla Motors, TREEmendous, BB & J tropical artists, Urban Oasis Farmers Market and Vida Nutrition.
Miami Shores Chamber of Commerce takes pride in the all of the sponsors Green Day has gathered, including Miami Shores Village, North Shore Medical Center, Barry University, Cars2Go, Costco, Miami Shores Community Alliance, Miami Shores Rotary Club, Miami Theatre Center, Howard R. Miller Communications, Corona Ideas, David Traupman Creative, F&F Construction Services. Some sponsorship benefits include naming rights to the event, priority placement for logos and listings. For more information about the event, contact the Chamber at (305) 754-5466.