2013-02-09 10:47:32 - 3rd Annual Wireless Healthcare Asia Summit 2013 will be taking place in Singapore from 22 – 23 April 2013.
1. Singapore, 8 February 2013 – Mobile Health is emerging as a significant growth opportunity for companies looking to capitalize on advances in wireless healthcare utilizing M2M technology. The 3rd Annual Wireless Healthcare Asia Summit 2013 will be taking place in Singapore from 22 – 23 April 2013 will explore the mHealth and wireless ecosystem, highlighting opportunities, challenges, presenting real world examples and providing practical guidance.
2. Centuries-old relationship between doctor and patient is changing in a massive way, driven with increased velocity by mobile and wireless technologies. According to Frost & Sullivan, the market for healthcare mobile data, voice and services in APAC was estimated at A$7.6 billion in 2012. With the penetration of 3G, 3.5G and 4G, Frost &
Sullivan expects the evolution of transformational business models in the healthcare market. Analysts forecast that the potential value of the mHealth market is likely to approximate at $4.6 billion as early as 2014. Device and service connectivity is the model for future care applications, and mobile networks will link a growing number of monitoring products to healthcare providers.
3. Key issues to be discussed at the Summit by thought leaders include: achieving effective partnerships and developing sustainable business models with the use of disruptive innovation applications & enabling technologies; leveraging on mobile health & telemedicine for achieving health care “without walls”; pioneering health research using mobile technologies both in clinical medicine and for public health outcomes; developing, implementing and integrating technologies and platforms into connected healthcare ecosystem; how digital technologies are transforming healthcare into a more efficient, patient-centered system of care; improving healthcare delivery at all income levels by reducing costs, increasing access, quality, patient care coordination and engagement; ensuring a pilot project becomes a sustainable, scalable mHealth service; outlook on how Health Information Exchanges and body sensors will drive growth In healthcare analytics and data mining; outlook on how hospital providers, physicians, patients, pharma and programmers envision the future of mHealth.
4. At the two-day summit, there will also be case studies and live demonstrations on diagnostic tools, preventive health efforts, disease surveillance methods, chronic disease management, mobile telemedicine, and behavior change interventions. One such exhibitor is IMEC who will be showcasing devices like ECG and EEG.
5. This Summit will be an informative and networking platform for leading healthcare providers, medical device manufacturers and pharmaceuticals, mobile operators, wireless access providers, network & system integrators, application & software developers, regulators, academics and R&D professionals from Asia, Europe, US and Middle East.
6. The CEO of the conference organizing company, Magenta Global Pte Ltd, Singapore, Ms Maggie Tan, said: “The potential of mobile technology for health interventions is undeniable. What is important is the critical need for healthcare providers to reengineer their processes to enable the effective deployment of mobile/wireless technology to improve healthcare service delivery. This Summit seeks to achieve that”. She urged all players in the ecosystems to join in the discussions & debate.
7. The event will be held at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel.
Magenta Global Pte Ltd
Ms Merilynn Choo
DID: +65 6392 2549
Main: +65 6392 2552
Notes for Editor
About Magenta Global - Organizer
Magenta Global Pte Ltd is a premier independent business media company that provides pragmatic and relevant information to government & business executives and professionals worldwide. The organization provides the opportunity to share thought-provoking insights, exchange ideas on the latest industry trends and technological developments with thought leaders and business peers. With a strong focus in emerging economies especially in Africa, Middle East & Central Asia, Magenta Global works in partnership with both the public and private sectors. www.magenta-global.com.sg
About IMEC – Exhibitor
Imec performs world-leading research in nanoelectronics. Imec leverages its scientific knowledge with the innovative power of its global partnerships in ICT, healthcare and energy. Imec delivers industry-relevant technology solutions. In a unique high-tech environment, its international top talent is committed to providing the building blocks for a better life in a sustainable society. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium, and has offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Taiwan, US, China, India and Japan. Its staff of close to 2,000 people includes more than 600 industrial residents and guest researchers. In 2011, imec's revenue (P&L) was about 300 million euro.