2013-03-12 07:09:55 - MEDIU ranked 3rd place for Malaysian Private Universities and 18th place for Malaysian Universities. (Source by WIPO MATRIX: 2013)
In implementing and realizing the mission of the University in terms of achieving scientific and educational aspects as well as to gained recognition in quality assurance; the University has to go through a strategic plan towards being a leading university. These outcomes can be achieve by The National Center for Global Research Organization(WIPO MATRIX) in Madrid, Spain; a center which execute analysis twice a year which aimed at urging academic institutions around the world to provide scientific activity to reflect their scientific level.
With the grace of God Al-Mighty; WIPO MATRIX has released the first results for 2013 that shows MEDIU earning its third place in the Malaysia’s private university level and eighteenth place for the overall Universities in Malaysia. This
has shown a tremendous progress for the University as it only managed to be at ranked 28th for the year 2012.
MEDIU’s CEO; Prof Dr Mohammed bin Khalifa Al-Tamimi expressed his overwhelmed on MEDIU’s achievements and on the cooperation given by the University’s departments in their passion and competitiveness in the academic scientific research as well as to elevate MEDIU in par with universities around the world.
Key changes for Al-Madinah International University (MEDIU) for the first half of 2013 as follows:
1. Ranked 3rd place in the category of private universities in Malaysia.
2. Ranked 18th place overall in the category of Malaysian universities; out of 76 universities and colleges.
3. Ranked 90th place for East Asia region universities; out of 1,074 universities.
4. Ranked 609th place for Asia region universities; out of 6,819 universities.
5. Ranked 17th place in the category of Arabic and Islamic universities.
6. Ranked 2,116th place for worldwide universities; out of 11,997 universities around the world.
Criteria of the analysis can be divided into four categories as follows:
1. Measuring the number of pages that shows the University structure wholly and the activities that may attract students and other parties. (20%)
2. Reflecting the globalization of the University on the links. (50%)
3. Measuring on the impact of the fruitful published materials and its sources. (15%)
4. Measuring on the results of the research papers and whether it can be kept for future research and educational purposes. Thus, this will reflects the organization's success in documenting and preserving the quality of the academic activities. (15%)
Al-Madinah International University (MEDIU) is an independent non-profit educational institution, located in Malaysia. The university was established in 2006, founded on Islamic principles and values with establishing a scientific edifice to be a bridge that could be used by knowledge seekers and knowledge generations; to create conducive educational and research environment all over the world that serves society and preserves ethical values. MEDIU is licensed by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and its programs are accredited by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA). The university is managed by an open-handed Rector Prof. Dr. Mohammad Khalifa Al-Tamimi.
MEDIU methods of study:
Distance-Learning (On-Line Learning) and On-Campus Learning.
Facebook Official page: www.facebook.com/pages/Al-Madinah-International-University/11405 ..
Facebook official account: www.facebook.com/almadinah.mediu
Twitter account: twitter.com/mediumalaysia