2013-10-19 07:44:01 - KBD-Infinity software turns digital keyboards from Yamaha and other manufacturers into virtual workstations.
KBD-Infinity is a sophisticated yet inexpensive Windows program that amplifies the capabilities of digital keyboards from Yamaha and other manufacturers. It meshes a keyboard and computer to create a powerful performance engine. Most important, the program makes it easy to use thousands of accompaniment styles available on the Internet: virtual backup bands for performances.
The function of KBD-Infinity is to replace or to expand the functions of the internal processor of the keyboard. Although moderately-priced keyboards generally have good keys and synthesizers, the processor that creates voices, calculates harmonies, controls style accompaniments and saves song settings may be purposely limited. Some keyboards can address only a small subset of style parts, and it is time-consuming to load and to test new
styles. In operation of KBD-Infinity, MIDI signals generated by the keyboard processor travel through the interface to the computer. Within the computer, KBD-Infinity uses the information to generate complex MIDI signals to represent a style and multi-voice melody. This information may be ported back to the keyboard synthesizer or to virtual instruments within the computer. Using KBD-Infinity in place of the keyboard processor offers several advantages:
* Modern 64-bit computer processors outperform the older processors found in keyboards.
* Typical personal computers have multi-GB memories and huge hard disks. This capability allows storage of almost an unlimited number of styles and song presets.
* It’s easier to build songs and to manipulate resources using a HiRes color monitor, a mouse and a computer keyboard instead of the arbitrary buttons and wheels of different keyboards.
* The main processor of the keyboard is an isolated, proprietary device. In contrast, a personal computer is an open system that can communicate with the world through the Internet.
KBD-Infinity was created for multi-core computers: programmed for minimal latency and high reliability. It can easily handle the computations necessary for simultaneously playing a style, monitoring style-section changes and providing harmonic displacements for duet or trio harmony in several simultaneous melody voices. The clean user interface features automated operations, so users can devote their full attention to the musical performance.
KBD-Infinity has several outstanding features:
* Use the extensive array of available Yamaha styles on digital keyboards of any model or brand.
* Employ the complete set of sections available in styles (MainA, MainD, IntroC.
* With the standardized resources of KBD-Infinity, instantly play songs on different keyboards or with different computers.
* Listen to styles and organize collections in the Style Organizer window. See how the styles sound with different tempos and chord shifts.
* Change between a main and alternate voice set during a performance for dramatic effects.
* Create song files that contain complete information to restore setups.
* Create sequences of operations (like style-section shifts) before a performance. During the performance, step through the operations by pressing a single control key on the keyboard.
* Employ advanced sequence options such as fades, stop-on-first-beat, alternate voices, volume changes and tempo shifts.
* Organize voices, styles, songs and sets in the familiar environment of the computer's file system. All resources can easily be transferred to a different computer or E mailed to a colleague.
* Create new voices with full control over GM and XG MIDI parameters or capture voice settings directly from a keyboard. Save custom settings in permanent voice files for use in songs.
* Build accompaniments and play them during performances with the KBD-Infinity MIDI player. Advanced features include saved playlists, lyric display, sequence options and an equalizer to level the volumes of a set of MIDI files.
* Perform in a familiar environment. KBD-Infinity supports all common fingering systems for style harmony, including an advanced three-finger system to play ten chord types commonly encountered in fakebooks.
* Easy to learn, with a textbook-quality 54-page manual.
For detailed technical and sales information, see www.kbd-infinity.com
. KBD-Infinity has no affiliation with the Yamaha Corporation.