2013-12-13 10:32:10 - In order to anticipate the demand for more miniaturization and signal integrity over a wide range of frequencies in the decoupling applications, IPDiA adds to its silicon passive component library some ultra low ESR/ESL structures, in low profile form factor. These new silicon capacitors enable to drastically decrease the overall impedance and offer the best solution for decoupling performances up to 10 GHz frequency range.
These 3D silicon capacitors exhibit outstanding performances that are perfectly fitted with decoupling applications:
• Low profile specificity down to 80 µm.
• Capacitance density up to 250 nF/mm² with breakdown voltage (VBD) of 11V minimum.
• « Intrinsic lifetime » t0.1%> 10 years @ 3.6V, 100°C (60% C.I.) even for corner batches.
• Low leakage for low power consumption (typically < 5 nA/µF and down to < 0.2 nA/µF @ 3.2V/25°C).
• High capacitance stability with respect to temperature (70 ppm/°C over the range
-55°C/+200°C) or voltage (<0.1%/V).
• ESR value at 20 mΩ.
• No inductive transition observed up to 10 GHz
Laurent Dubos, V.P. Marketing at IPDiA, states: “Thanks to these new library components, IPDiA anticipates the needs for lower voltage, higher current, higher frequencies in
power converter and decoupling applications. IPDiA technology fits perfectly with the expectation of performance required and confirms its ‘performiniaturization’ value.”
IPDiA is a preferred supplier of high performance, high stability and high reliability silicon passive components to customers in the medical, automotive, communication, computer, industrial, and defense/aerospace markets. The company portfolio includes standard component devices such as silicon capacitors, RF filters, RF baluns, ESD protection devices as well as customized devices. IPDiA headquarters are located in Caen, France. The company operates design centers, sales and marketing offices and a manufacturing facility certified ISO 9001 / 14001 / 18001 / 13485 as well as ISO TS 16949 for the Automotive market.