2014-08-11 16:36:40 - Clearing through MBA group discussion round is mandatory to get admission in top B-colleges. Here we discuss some handy and basic tips to succeed in this round.
To get admission in top b-colleges the candidate is required to clear the MBA group discussion round. It is mandatory for the selection process for MBA admissions, campus placements or any significant degree programs. Through this process the selection committee aims to find out whether the shortlisted candidates possess specific personality traits or skills, like:
• Reasoning ability.
• Ability to think and act independently.
• Leadership skills.
• Communication skills.
• Skill to work in a team.
• Ability to take initiatives and have creativeness.
• Flexibility and boldness.
• Managerial qualities.
No individual can work alone and bring results in a company. They have to work with other team members and rely on them for better working and goal accomplishment. A good team player is a
winner in today’s corporate world. MBA Group discussion allows the interviewer to find out whether the candidate can generate results in a team or not, his leadership skills and intelligence quotient.
Let’s go through some points that a candidate should refer while appearing for the group discussion.
1. First thing that you need to excel is the ‘Art of participation’. N one would force you to speak. Learn to take the initiative, participate in the discussion and share your views with others. Shouting in a MBA group discussion is a completely awkwardness. Remain polite but stay firm on your point, group discussion is not a fighting ground.
2. Always take the initiative and do not wait for others to start the group discussion. Start with a confident note. Introduce yourself and the team members, and then start the topic. Remember the topic that you choose should be well-known to you. Never take risks if not sure about any topic.
3. Lead like a true leader and give direction to the discussion. Guide other team members who have any confusion. Keep yourself away with personal favors. Apart from giving chance to your team members, allow other participants to participate as well. As leaders take the responsibility that the group discussion does not end in a fight and a proper conclusion is reached at.
4. Do not participate in the GD round with rigid attitude. Remember that the other members are also as learned as you. Be a good listener and then put forward your point. Do not just arrive at conclusions as there is scope for discussion. The debate should be logical and sensible.
5. Prepare well in advance by reading a lot and keeping your knowledge updated. On the day of Group discussion read that day’s newspaper to know what’s happening around in the world. Be well-versed with currents events for successful participation.
6. Take care of your dressing. Dress simple and classy. Avoid flashy and loud colors. Female candidates should avoid heavy make-up and heavy accessories, keep it minimal and simple. Wear professional attire with sober colors.
These were some of the main points that should be remembered by candidates for group discussion aspiring for MBA admission in India.