2013-12-11 21:19:18 - Tina Janke of Midtown Marketing Group Inc. in Southern Oregon offers up tips to promote your company using co-op advertising dollars.
Are you looking for a new way to increase ad revenue? Don’t limit yourself to online promotion. There are many great ways to promote your business off-line at a low cost that will produce great results! One of the easiest ways is with Co-op advertising.
Co-op advertising is still fairly new in the world of marketing. Co-op advertising is an agreement between a manufacturer and a retailer to share advertising costs.
Retailers benefit from brand name product associations, while retailers, who might not otherwise be able to afford to advertise, can advertise, thanks to co-op dollars. Co-op advertising is best for smaller companies that want to work on pushing a particular product or service.
Even if you’re a small company, you may
still be able to participate. You just need to contact your local radio rep and tell them you want to check if you have co-op advertising dollars. Be sure to give the rep a list of the brand names and companies, you carry. The radio rep will go to his Radio Advertising Bureau (RAB) online service and find your co-op dollars.
Once you find what you have available, you can create a promo around it. Here is a list of potential promo days coming up:
· Learn A Foreign Language Month - December
· National Drugged and Drunk Driving Prevention Month - December
· Identity Theft Prevention and Awareness Month - December
· National Hand Washing Awareness Month - December
· Universal Human Rights Month - December
· Cancer-Related Fatigue Awareness Month - December
· The Christmas Seal Campaign - December
· International Calendar Awareness Month - December
· International Sharps Injury Prevention and Awareness Month - December
· AIDS Awareness Month - December
· Read a New Book Month - December
· Write to a Friend Month - December
· Art and Architecture Month - December
· National Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month - December
· National Made in America Month - December
· National Sign-Up for Camp Month - December
· National Write a Business Plan Month - December
· Operation Santa Paws - December
· Safe Toys and Gifts Month - December
· Seasonal Depression Awareness Month - December
· Chanukah - December 8 - December 15, 2012
· Las Posadas - December 16 - December 24
· Christmas - December 25
· Kwanzaa - December 26 - January 1
· World Peace Meditation Day - December 31
· New Year's Eve - December 3
Here are a few more ideas to get the ball rolling:
The first few months of a new year are without a doubt the most challenging time to find fresh co-op dollars, but with a little preparation, you can set yourself up to have a successful first quarter. Just remember a few simple things, and you'll be off and running. Early calendar year co-op revenues are co-op plans based on fiscal year and/or prior calendar year purchases.
Be sure to integrate Web Sites. For example a campaign coordinating on-air and online offers many advantages. With on-air ads building the excitement of a retail event, the web site can provide interactive enhancement. Many advertisers want to stimulate use of digital sites and some will even provide bonus funding for online co-op.
For more information on co-op advertising and how to use it in your small business, contact Tina Janke at Midtown Marketing Group Inc. www.midtownmktg.com