2013-01-11 18:11:26 -
/EINPresswire.com/ Dallas car wreck lawyer Amy Witherite offers these suggestions for maximizing the value of your car wreck claim.
1. Call the police to the accident scene. A police report contains critical information gathered by an impartial person. Trained police officers know what questions to ask and what evidence to look for when assessing an accident.
2. Make note of everything. While things are fresh in your mind, write down facts regarding the accident and what was said by the other drivers
or witnesses. Keep an ongoing journal to record details about your medical problems and your treatment.
3. Go to the emergency room or to the doctor right away. Tell the doctor about all of your medical concerns. This ensures that you get the treatment you need. It also helps your case because the doctor’s records can be used to show the severity of your injuries.
4. Follow your doctor’s orders. If you do not, you may be held responsible for your slow recovery.
5. Get work excuses from your doctor. These records can support your claim for lost earnings because they will show that you were medically unable to work on the days you missed.
6. Take pictures of your injury, the accident scene, and the vehicles involved in the accident (if it’s safe to do so). Pictures can be powerful evidence.
7. Don’t exaggerate your injuries. Never stretch the truth, either when you are testifying or simply relaying information to your doctor. If it is discovered that you exaggerated your injuries, no one will be able to determine the true extent of your injuries.
To speak to Amy Witherite a Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer, or to another Dallas car accident lawyer, contact Eberstein & Witherite, LLP at 214.378.6665.
Amy Witherite 1800CarWreck
Click here to bookmark How Can I Maximize the Value of My Car Wreck Claim?