2013-01-21 12:12:02 -
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/21/13 --
Core News Facts:
How HotelTonight Works:
- HotelTonight : ctt.marketwire.com/?release=976197&id=2499706&type=1& .. , the leading last-minute hotel booking app, announced today its expansion to Germany and Switzerland with initial hotel offerings in Berlin, Munich, Zurich and Geneva. Hamburg will be added to the app in early February.
- Notable new hotel partners include:
- Berlin: Hotel Adlon Kempinski, Ellington Hotel and H'Otello K'80
- Geneva: Hotel Les Armures, La Cour des Augustins, Eden Hotel and Hotel Mon Repos
- Hamburg (launching in February): Side Hotel
- Munich: Hotel München Palace, Cortiina Hotel and Louis Hotel
- Zurich: Plattenhof Hotel, Swissotel Zurich and Hotel Sternen Oerlikon
- With these newly added cities, HotelTonight now offers last-minute rooms at great values in 10 countries and over 80 destinations across the globe. This speaks to the company's commitment to global expansion, as its European headquarters opened just six months ago.
- The launch coincides with DLD13 : ctt.marketwire.com/?release=976197&id=2499709&type=1& .. , a top global conference on innovation, where Sam Shank, CEO and Co-Founder of HotelTonight, is a participating as a speaker.
- HotelTonight also announced today that it has hit and exceeded the 4 million download mark, a major milestone that was quickly reached since the company's January 2011 launch.
- Apple recently unveiled its Best of 2012, naming HotelTonight as one of the most disruptive services of the year. Similarly, HotelTonight was nominated for Best E-Commerce Application in the 2012 Crunchies Awards : ctt.marketwire.com/?release=976197&id=2499712&type=1& .. , an annual competition that recognizes the most compelling technology innovations of the year.
- HotelTonight recently debuted updated versions of its iPhone, iPad and Android apps, which support multiple languages, and added Swiss Francs to its currency list (the app also supports British Pounds, US and Canadian Dollars, Euros and Mexican Pesos). This continues to be a major advancement for HotelTonight as the company aggressively expands overseas.
- Since HotelTonight's launch in January 2011, the company has raised more than $35 million in funding and established itself as the market leader in mobile travel. By building apps that allow users to easily book same-day rooms at great properties, HotelTonight is revolutionizing the way consumers book travel.
- HotelTonight is available for free on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and on Android. Download the app here : ctt.marketwire.com/?release=976197&id=2499715&type=1& .. , and use promo code TONIGHT for $25 USD / CAD, £ 15 GBP, EUR 20, CHF 20 or $300 MXN off your first booking.
- Each day at noon local time, HotelTonight offers last-minute hotel rooms at great values in over 80 destinations across the globe.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking.
- All hotels are personally vetted by HotelTonight staff, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Rooms can be booked until 2 a.m. local time.
Sam Shank, Co-Founder and CEO, HotelTonight:
"Mobile technology has revolutionized the way we plan our lives, totally shifting our mindset and approach to travel. We are no longer tied to pre-planned itineraries, but empowered to make spontaneous decisions about where to go and for how long. HotelTonight was the first to respond to this rapidly growing market, shaping last-minute travel initially in North America and now globally. We couldn't be more excited about the quality of our European hotel partners and the value that they'll provide at the last minute."
HotelTonight was launched in 2011 to provide easy mobile booking of same-day unsold hotel inventory. For consumers, HotelTonight offers incredible convenience and amazing value at quality hotels. For hotels, HotelTonight is a marketplace to fill last-minute rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in over 80 destinations across the globe. Based in San Francisco, California with a London-based European office, HotelTonight is backed by some of the top venture firms and travel-industry pioneers in the world. Visit www.hoteltonight.com : ctt.marketwire.com/?release=976197&id=2499718&type=1& ..
for more information and to download the free app.
Add to Digg : digg.com/submit?phase=2&url= www2.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=976197
Bookmark with del.icio.us : del.icio.us/post?v=4&noui&jump=close&url= www2.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=976197
Add to Newsvine : www.newsvine.com/_tools/seed&save?u= www2.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=976197
HotelTonight U.S. Press Contact:
Email Contact : www2.marketwire.com/mw/emailprcntct?id=86D17337C0B76101