2013-09-28 08:38:45 - The publisher's second unauthorized Back to the Future volume, by Greg Mitchell and Rich Handley, will be sold exclusively at BTTF.com until November.
Great Scott! After months of anticipation, Hasslein Books today announced the availability of its latest Back to the Future reference book--and like its predecessor, it's heavy, Doc.
Back in Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Chronology (timeline.bttf.com) is available for order exclusively at BTTF.com, the official Back to the Future Web site. Starting in November, it will also be sold at Amazon.com, CreateSpace.com and BarnesandNoble.com, as well as via retail store special-orders and wholesale. With the Christmas shopping season upon us, now is the time to take your favorite sci-fi fan's gift list back to the future.
Back in Time--co-written by The Coming Evil Trilogy author Greg Mitchell and Rich Handley, author of A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to
the Future Lexicon--explores the complex timelines of the Back to the Future mythos, as presented in the films, cartoons, novels, comics, video games, card game and even McDonalds Happy Meal boxes. Beautifully designed and illustrated, this second volume features:
* A detailed history of the Back to the Future mythos, from the dinosaur age to three quadrillion years into Earth's future
* A stunning painted cover and more than 40 breathtaking interior sketches from artist Pat Carbajal, produced exclusively for this volume
* An insightful foreword by Dan Madsen, founder and publisher of the original Back to the Future Fan Club
* A nostalgic essay examining Hill Valley's prominent families and significant events, from the town's Old West frontier beginnings to a future world of barbarians, dragons and sorcerers
* A comprehensive map offering a comparative view of the businesses and shops of Hill Valley's Courthouse Square, in numerous eras across divergent timelines
* Detailed family trees listing all known members of the McFly, Brown, Tannen, Baines, Parker, Strickland and Clayton bloodlines
* A mini-timeline presenting all known jumps through space-time in a coherent, chronological context, broken down by mode of temporal travel
* An examination of the main characters' brushes with fame, as Doc and Marty reshaped history and encountered historical figures, their own idols--and even a few characters from other franchises
Designed for both casual viewers and those who know the names of Jennifer Parker's three grandfathers, The Back to the Future Chronology is a fan's ultimate guide to Hill Valley history.
To order Back in Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Chronology, visit timeline.bttf.com. For more information about the book, go to tinyurl.com/bttfchronology. And to learn more about A Matter of Time: The Back to the Future Lexicon, as well as Hasslein Books' other titles, visit the company's Web site (www.hassleinbooks.com), Facebook page (www.facebook.com/hassleinbooks), Twitter feed (twitter.com/hassleinbooks) or blog (hassleinbooks.blogspot.com), or simply e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT HASSLEIN BOOKS
Hasslein Books (hassleinbooks.com), co-founded by Rich Handley and Paul C. Giachetti, is a Long Island-based publisher of reference guides by geeks, for geeks. The company is named after Doctor Otto Hasslein, a time-travel expert portrayed by actor Eric Braeden in the film Escape from the Planet of the Apes. Our lineup of unauthorized genre-based reference books includes Timeline of the Planet of the Apes, Lexicon of the Planet of the Apes, The Back to the Future Lexicon and The Back to the Future Chronology, with future volumes slated to feature Red Dwarf, James Bond, G.I. Joe, Alien vs. Predator, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, Universal Monsters and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. "Like" us on Facebook (facebook.com/hassleinbooks), follow us on Twitter (twitter.com/hassleinbooks) and frequent our blog (hassleinbooks.blogspot.com) to stay informed regarding all upcoming projects.
BTTF.com owner Stephen Clark has been actively and intimately involved with the Back to the Future franchise in various capacities over the past two decades. Since 1995, he has operated the Internet's very first and longest-running Back to the Future Web site, BTTF.com. The officially sanctioned site is recognized by the films' cast, crew and fans worldwide as the central hub for all things related to Back to the Future, including official news, upcoming events and licensed merchandise. BTTF.com duly promotes the Back to the Future brand and the careers of its cast and crew through various online ventures and trade-show appearances. Additionally, the site offers consulting services for licensees developing new officially licensed products from the timeless film series.
Back to the Future and related characters and stories © Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment. No copyright infringement intended.