2012-12-13 15:31:20 - JBL’s new ‘OnBeat Micro’ has been designed to support Apple’s iPhone 5, 5th Gen iPod Touch and the latest iPod Nano
‘harman house,’ the leading retail chain in home, professional and car infotainment in the Middle East, has revealed the Middle East launch of the ‘JBL OnBeat Micro,’ the world’s first ever speaker dock that has been specifically designed for Apple devices bearing the new Lightning dock connector port. The new model works compatibly with Apple’s latest range of devices like the iPhone 5, the fifth gen iPod Touch and the latest edition of the iPod Nano.
The ‘JBL OnBeat Micro’ comes with the new Apple Lightning connector—a small, reversible, all-in-one digital connector, which is 80 per cent smaller than the 30-pin connector utilized in previous Apple devices. The new connector offers users greater flexibility in accessing audio content. ‘JBL OnBeat
Micro’ is powered by four AAA batteries and can fit perfectly into any backpack, purse or briefcase. The speaker is ideal for users who are on the go, students or anyone else who wants outstanding performance from a go-anywhere Lightning port speaker. The ‘JBL OnBeat Micro’ can provide up to five hours of playback when used with batteries and charges the iPhone5, the iPod Touch 5th generation and the new iPod Nano when used with the included AC adapter. The unit also comes with a built-in USB connector to power and play other portable devices. JBL's ‘OnBeat Micro’ also includes a free, downloadable JBL music app to create customized playlists, adjust volume and browse album artwork.
“JBL has enjoyed a strong partnership with Apple over the years, being the first company to build a docking station for the first editions of the Apple iPod. We continue to strenghten this relationship and consolidate our leadership with the creation of the first ever set of speaker docks that is compatible with Apple’s new Lightning dock connector,” said Amit Malani, President, Harman Middle East. “The ‘JBL OnBeat Micro’ is a high-powered speaker system that looks to match the flexibility that users look for in a portable speaker, while at the same time stands out with its high-quality audio performance. The JBL OnBeat Micro is an ultra-portable, acoustically sophisticated speaker that fits easily into a backpack, purse or briefcase and goes wherever you go--a feature increasingly important in our mobile society. With this model, music fans will definitely hear the truth."
In tune with the coming festive season, ‘harman house’ has also announced the launch of other JBL models like;
JBL OnBeat Venue
• A wireless Bluetooth-equipped loudspeaker dock.
• Allows users to experience music, movies, videos, games and FaceTime with friends on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or other iOS device -- in true JBL high-definition sound.
• 30 watts of amplification. Users can even connect the speakers on any big screen TV.
• Comes equipped with HARMAN TrueStream technology, which guarantees the best possible wireless connectivity.
• Preloaded with a free, downloadable JBL music app to create customized playlists, adjust volume and browse album artwork.
JBL OnBeat Awake
• A new wireless iPad bedroom speaker that automatically recharges your device throughout the night.
• Also compatible with iPhone, iTouch and other IOS devices.
• Acts like an alarm clock and wakes you up to with music from your library, which you can customize with the free JBL AmpUp app.
• Comes equipped with HARMAN TrueStream technology, which allows users to watch movies, play games or catch up on the news--guaranteeing the best possible wireless connectivity.
• An ideal wireless stereo system for smartphones and tablets.
• Comes with two 1-5/8-inch (40-millimeter) drivers and a built-in bass port, for a full range JBL sound with exceptional bass.
• Offers up to 5 hours of playback time from its built-in Li-ion rechargeable battery.
• Can connect wirelessly to any Bluetooth-equipped device.
“With the holiday season just around the corner, we are also launching three other JBL speakers that offer the latest in technology and promising users a whole new audio experience—a commitment that we have always lived up to for our customers in the Middle East,” concluded Malani.
The ‘JBL OnBeat Micro’ has a suggested retail price of AED 449, while the ‘JBL OnBeat Venue’ has a suggested retail price of AED 999. In addition, the ‘JBL OnBeat Awake’ is priced at AED 699 and ‘JBL Flip’ is priced at AED 499. All the models are now available at all ‘harman house’ stores and other premium retail stores across the Middle East.