2013-09-23 22:16:50 - "Guide to Value-Based Reimbursement: Profiting from Payment Bundling, PHO Shared Savings, and Pay for Performance" explores emerging models of episode-based payments, physician-hospital organizations and physician bonus structures.
SEA GIRT, NJ, USA, September 23, 2013 --- In healthcare's post-reform volume-to-value world, payor reimbursement strategies are tipping in favor of providers who can deliver the clinical and financial goods. In the mix are bundled payments, shared savings, pay for performance and bonuses --- with some going so far as to restructure organizations for maximum gain.
The Guide to Value-Based Reimbursement: Profiting from Payment Bundling, PHO Shared Savings, and Pay for Performance explores emerging models of episode-based payments, physician-hospital organizations and physician bonus structures. This resource includes:
* Chapter 1: Blueprint for Bundled Payments
* Chapter 2: 7 Key Elements for PHO Success
* Chapter 3: Physician Pay-for-Performance and Bonus Structure
Learn more about value-based reimbursement at www.hin.com/cgi-local/link/news/pl.cgi?guidevaluebasedreimburse.
This 80-page resource presents the following:
* Jay Sultan, associate vice president and chief product portfolio architect for TriZetto®, provides perspectives on payment bundling, including definitions of key elements, advice for payors and providers, what's ahead in bundled payments for primary care, and examples of the payment model at work in one organization.
* Healthcare Strategy Group thought leaders Travis Ansel, MBA, manager of strategic services, and Greg Mertz, MBA, FACMPE, director of consulting operations. The two guide healthcare executives through the seven critical areas of PHO development, from defining the PHO mission to creating a data environment conducive to registry use, analytics and active patient management.
* And on the subject of physician pay-for-performance and realistic bonus structures, Julie Hobson, RN, BSN, manager of provider engagement, performance and partnership at Highmark Inc., describes the evolution of Highmark's program to meet today's healthcare market realities.
* A Q&A section answers 35 queries on the reimbursement strategies presented in this resource.
Learn more about value-based reimbursement at www.hin.com/cgi-local/link/news/pl.cgi?guidevaluebasedreimburse
Target Audience: CEOs, medical directors, health plan executives, skilled nursing facilities, case managers, hospitals, physician executives and business development and strategic planning directors.
Report Formats: Print, PDF or Print/PDF combination at www.hin.com/cgi-local/link/news/pl.cgi?guidevaluebasedreimburse
QUOTE ATTRIBUTABLE TO MELANIE MATTHEWS, HIN EXECUTIVE VP AND COO:
"This resource explores bundled payments, shared savings, pay for performance and bonus models and provides actionable information for healthcare organizations. The organizational and financial strategies contained in this guide will prove useful as organizations navigate the new value-based healthcare terrain."
Please contact Patricia Donovan to arrange an interview or to obtain additional quotes.
About the Healthcare Intelligence Network --- HIN is the premier advisory service for executives seeking high-quality strategic information on the business of healthcare. For more information, contact the Healthcare Intelligence Network, PO Box 1442, Wall Township, NJ 07719-1442, (888) 446-3530, fax (732) 449-4463, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
, or visit www.hin.com