2013-10-04 12:05:49 - With no dearth of options available, when it comes to making a choice for programming languages today and the tremendous information readily available across the internet, it makes it difficult for a beginner to actually hit the nail at the right place as he himself is unaware about the basics. Thus, if you aspire to learn any kind of programming language, then it is always recommended that you start with C programming language. C makes for an excellent choice for many obvious reasons such as it incorporates some powerful fundamentals relating to programming and is one of the widely used one in the market today.
Below mentioned are few of the reasons why C makes for the most appropriate choice when it comes to starting with a programming language:
• A step prior to learning Java or C: In case you want to learn Java or master the concepts of C programming language then, there needs to be solid foundation and clear understanding of the basic concepts and fundamentals of the elements of programming such as polymorphism, classes, inheritance among others. So, obviously to learn the other major and more complicated concepts, you need to know the basic elements first and then jump onto the next level, therefore, starting from C programming language becomes the ideal choice if you want to understand any programming language.
for languages such as C, C++ as well as Java: C lays the basis and foundation for the other languages as well as namely, C and C++. All the basic syntax as well as programming elements of java are derived from C. Thus, it is one of the most dominating languages in the world of programming languages.
• OOP program is written in C: Although OOP concepts are employed by C. C++ and Java but still there are those who still write them in C only.
• Execution of speed still unmatched: C language still has unbeatable performance when it comes to execution of speed.
• Be it Linux, Unix or Windows-all are written in C: In case you are thinking of operating any of these OS, getting yourself familiar with C programming language would be of great help to you.
• C programming language is used for drivers of modern gadgets: C provides the users the access to a computer’s basic elements and programming. Along with providing you the access to the CPU memory via pointers directly.
• Nowadays, PDAs, cell phones and other handheld gadgets are becoming more popular: These handheld devices incorporate CPU which requires programming as well as embedded systems software.
• PC games also contain C as their foundation: C programming language is used extensively for PC games for making it more prompt and fast.