2013-01-24 06:06:55 -
/EINPresswire.com/ January 23, 2013:
• New TGTE Senator Robert Evans served in the European Union Parliament for over 15 years.
• Former US Attorney General, Ramsey Cleark, have already joined TGTE Senate.
• Dr. Arjuna Sittampalam, a well reputed International financial strategist, also joins TGTE Senate.
• A Sinhalese, Dr. Brain Seneviratne, already in the TGTE Senate.
Mr. Visuvanathan Rudrakumaran, the
Prime Minister of the Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam (TGTE), today announced the names of two additional Senators to the TGTE's Senate. The Senate was created as the Upper House of TGTE's Parliament.
Among those appointed as Senators is a former European Union Parliamentarian Robert Evans, who represented United Kingdom in the European Union Parliament for over fifteen years.
The other is Dr. Arjuna Sittampalam, a well reputed and recognized financial strategist and advisor at the international level.
The Senate is now headed by Ms. Usha Sriskantharajah of Canada.
The TGTE Senate consists of fifteen members. It includes former United States Attorney General, Ramsey Clark, who played a major role in drafting and guiding the passage of two important US Laws: The Voting Rights Act of 1965 and The Civil Rights Act of 1968.
Another Senator is a Sinhalese, Dr. Brain Seneviratne, who is currently living in Australia.
Other members of the Senate are:
1) Dr. Nagalingam Jeyalingam, M.D. from New York.
2) Mr. Satya Sivaraman: Journalist and human rights & public health activist, New Delhi, India.
3) Mr. Elansezhian B.Sc. from Tamil Nadu, India.
4) Mr. Gnaneswaran: An Engineer from Canada.
5) Jegan N. Mohan: A Senior Barrister-at-Law from Canada.
6) Mr. Rajaratnam B.Sc. from Canada.
It is reported that the names of additional four Senators will be announced soon.
About Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam (TGTE):
Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam (TGTE) was created in the aftermath of the bloody end of Sri Lanka's war; resulting tens of thousands of Tamil civilians were killed and large numbers of Tamil women were raped by the Sri Lankan security forces. UN documented war crimes and recommended an International Commission of Inquiry.
Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam (TGTE) is a democratically elected government of the Tamil Diaspora of Sri Lanka. Its actions are non-violent, democratic and diplomatic. It held internationally supervised elections in twelve countries to elect Members of Parliament (MPs). These MPs drafted and ratified a Constitution and elected a Prime Minister, a Cabinet and a Speaker. TGTE also have an Upper House (Senate).
For information contact: email@example.com