2013-01-17 21:00:01 - Dimension Data first system integrator to make proactive, multi-vendor support and maintenance services available to 6,000 clients worldwide
Dubai, UAE - 17 January 2013 – Dimension Data, the global ICT solutions and services provider, today unveiled an enhanced, proactive version of its Uptime Maintenance and Support Services that will help its over 6,000 global clients maximise the availability of their IT estate while optimising their total IT support spend. The Group is the first system integrator to market that can offer this range of proactive support services across multiple vendor technologies on a global scale.
Rob Lopez, Dimension Data’s Group Managing Director for Services said, “Our clients are looking for three outcomes from their IT support contracts. These include cost reduction, service levels gains and access to better information. Simply put, they’re demanding more value at less cost, and
they will switch providers quickly if they see an opportunity to obtain this. With proactive Uptime services, we’re delivering on what our clients want.”
Adds Lopez: “Uptime already offered a number of compelling benefits for clients, like our ability to offer in-country technology expertise across multiple vendor technologies; a wide range of service levels with guaranteed delivery timeframes and 24x7 access to service centres in every region we operate in.
“The new release of Uptime includes a series of proactive new tools and automation, underpinned by a new IT service management platform and even broader multi-technology/multi-vendor capabilities. These investments mean that our clients get the cost reduction and operational efficiencies they’re asking for.”
The new Uptime enhancements deliver the following benefits to Dimension Data clients:
• Uptime monitoring gives Dimension Data engineers instantaneous access to clients’ service- affecting incidents and can begin to work on, and achieve, resolution faster.
• Asset tracking capabilities ensure Dimension Data clients maintain an accurate installed asset database so they are assured of the right support coverage.
• Standardised API for service desk integration integrates the IT service management systems of Dimension Data with those of its clients so that both entities can communicate more quickly and accurately with each other, which in turn, leads to faster diagnoses and resolve times.
• The mobile service centre application lets Dimension Data clients keep tabs on incidents from their smartphone or tablet.
• The IT Support Assessment ensures Dimension Data clients’ IT support contracts provide the right level of coverage on devices.
About Dimension Data
Founded in 1983, Dimension Data plc is an ICT services and solutions provider that uses its technology expertise, global service delivery capability, and entrepreneurial spirit to accelerate the business ambitions of its clients. Dimension Data is a member of the NTT Group. www.dimensiondata.com
For further information
Hilary King, Global PR Manager
Dimension Data Holdings plc
Tel : +27 11 575 6728
Cell: +27 82 414 9623
OAK Consulting FZ LLC