2013-01-21 11:11:29 - 44 and 64-inch models mark Epson’s entry into textile printing
21 January 2013 – Epson has forayed into the Middle East’s dye sublimation printing market for the first time with the announcement of two roll-fed dye sublimation printers: the 44-inch SureColor SC-F6000 and the 64-inch SureColor SC-F7000. The new printers were launched during Epson’s participation in the 16th Sign & Graphic Imaging (SGI) Middle East, the largest and the longest-running event for the region’s signage, outdoor media, screen and digital printing industries that runs from January 20 to 22, 2013 in Dubai.
Providing high quality output at up to 720 x 1440dpi on all leading transfer papers, the new printers are not only the first dye sublimation models from Epson, but also the first in this sector in which every component,
from ink and printhead, to printer chassis and optional accessories, are all designed and manufactured by one company. This ensures that quality, performance and reliability are all optimised for maximum productive uptime and profit, and a low Total Cost of Ownership.
The SureColor SC-F models are durable and robust roll-fed CMYK printers that support an extensive range of applications. The mid-high volume 64-inch SureColor SC-F7000 and low-medium volume 44-inch SureColor SC-F6000 have been developed for the efficient production of quality soft signage, sportswear, apparel, accessories, customised promotional items and decorated gadgets. Innovative single-operator media loading and set-up features, such as automatic media tensioning and an intuitive LCD control panel, make both printers easy and quick to set up and use.
Both models output at speeds from 16 to 57m2/hr, depending upon application , and feature an integral and easily refillable, high-capacity 1.5 litre ink system. Furthermore, the auto take-up roll – standard for SC-F7000 and optional for the SureColor SC-F6000 – allows maximum uninterrupted production runs with minimal downtime for maintenance.
Epson’s MicroPiezo TFP® Print Head, which is already an established technology within the dye sublimation sector, ensures precise and repeatable performance as well as excellent longevity. These, in conjunction with Epson UltraChrome DS ink, a specially-developed new aqueous ink, produces outstanding images with vibrant colours, intense blacks, sharp contours and smooth gradations. Textile print produced by the SureColor SC-F series printers also exhibits excellent light- and wash-fastness, as well as resistance to abrasion and perspiration.
Shihab Zubair, Business Development Manager, Epson Middle East said: “Although digitalisation of textile printing is still in its infancy in the Middle East, this application is growing steadily. Our aim is to maximise its adoption in this market by providing professional print sectors with the most reliable and cost-effective production solutions for the growing short run production, fully engineered by Epson to deliver consistent quality results.”
“The new SureColor SC-F6000 and SC-F7000 provide the dye-sublimation market with a choice of printers to suit a range of creative applications, backed up by Epson expertise and support,” he added.
• Productive, reliable and flexible dye sublimation printers /SC-F7000 (64-inch) ; SC-F6000 (64-inch)
• Epson engineered throughout for maximum productivity low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) /SC-F7000 (Support) ; SC-F6000 (Support)
• Proven Epson MicroPiezo TFP Print Head for high throughput, 720 x 1440dpi resolution and long production life /SC-F7000 (Support) ; SC-F6000 (Support)
• Print CMYK on a wide range of dye sublimation transfer papers /SC-F7000 (Up to 64-inch wide) ; SC-F6000 (Up to 44-inch wide)
• Single-operator media loading with front access /SC-F7000 (Does not support) ; SC-F6000 (Support)
• Single-operator media loading with rear access /SC-F7000 (Support) ; SC-F6000 (Does not support)
• Automatic media tensioning control /SC-F7000 (Does not support) ; SC-F6000 (Support)
• Output speeds of up to 57m2/hr in Draft mode, 28m2/hr in Production mode, 16m2/hr in Quality mode1 /SC-F7000 (Support) ; SC-F6000 (Support)
• Integral, easily-refillable 1.5 litre ink system for low maintenance and longer print runs /SC-F7000 (Support) ; SC-F6000 (Support)
• Auto take-up reel for long-run, damage-less printing /SC-F7000 (Support) ; SC-F6000 (Optional)
• Optional media supply system for heavy rolls of up to 80kg /SC-F7000 (Support) ; SC-F6000 (Does not support)
• Epson UltraChrome DS aqueous ink for vibrant colours, sharp contours and smooth gradations with excellent light/wash-fastness and abrasion/perspiration resistance /SC-F7000 (Support) ; SC-F6000 (Support)
• Ethernet and USB connectivity /SC-F7000 (Support) ; SC-F6000 (Support)