2013-02-26 15:06:28 -
SAN FRANCISCO,CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/26/13 -- Engine Yard, the leading Platform as a Service : www.engineyard.com/platform-as-a-service
( PaaS : www.engineyard.com/products
), is transforming cloud application development with the announcement of its new flexible and modular architecture, designed to give developers more granular control of their environment and a greater variety of choices for components, deployment options and infrastructure. These capabilities offer a complete solution, enabling developers to effectively plan, build, deploy and manage their applications. With the right balance of automation and control, Engine Yard frees developers from having to rigidly conform to a vendor's platform while giving them a faster, easier and more consistent way to build and scale their cloud applications.
The company's new architecture is being integrated into Engine Yard Cloud. With the new flexible and modular approach, developers will be able to more easily choose components and services offered by Engine Yard or include their own. Multi-infrastructure support will allow developers to select their preferred infrastructure provider. Developers also will be able to deploy in a public, private or hybrid cloud, and have access to an increasing variety of languages, operating systems, databases and more. The new capabilities make it easier for developers to manage and monitor their applications throughout the entire cloud application lifecycle. In addition, a powerful new user interface will allow users to leverage proven blueprints of deployment options, and create and save custom blueprints.
"Our experience working with thousands of production applications has given us great insight into what running an open, flexible platform requires. Ultimately, we believe giving customers absolute choice -- in terms of infrastructure, runtime components and app services -- fundamentally changes the way applications are created," said Bill Platt, senior vice president of operations at Engine Yard. "These enhancements will speed the pace of innovation by empowering developers to create applications faster and more easily than ever before, and they benefit from our deep operational expertise in running large scale, professional apps."
Designed for Flexibility and Control
With this new architecture, Engine Yard continues to maintain its leadership role in the industry by offering the most flexible, scalable and customer-focused application cloud in the market. The new capabilities available on the Engine Yard platform today include:
- Cluster model - Developers can create purpose-built clusters for faster provisioning, configuration and deployment. Developers can currently run database clusters, and in the future, they will be able to deploy clusters of application and utility processes; clusters within an environment can be spread across multiple regions for disaster recovery.
- Infrastructure abstraction - With a sophisticated infrastructure abstraction layer now in place, developers will benefit from an increasing number of IaaS provider options in the future, as well as options for running on hybrid and private clouds.
- Monitoring and Alerting - An automatic monitoring and alerting agent is now included with all new Engine Yard Cloud deployments. Leveraging the AppFirst monitoring engine, the new monitoring capabilities provide incident data on applications, components and other processes running on a developer's virtual machine. In addition, alerts and monitoring information is available for virtual resources in the infrastructure, including CPU, memory and disk.
"Engine Yard is making big changes in the application cloud market. Their new architecture makes it simple to deploy and manage apps while also giving us the access we need to customize our environment down to the component level," said Phil Jeffs, creative director at Area 17. "Being able to choose the infrastructure that best suits each of our apps and deploy across multiple regions will make it easy for us to deliver exactly what our clients need. And, the new UI and blueprints will save a lot of time by helping us to standardize our environments and spin up new projects faster."
Today, Engine Yard is sharing a preview of the new user interface and blueprint capability.
- Powerful, Dynamic User Interface - The modern user interface helps developers plan projects and manage environments intuitively. The new UI provides a structured experience that helps developers build a stable architecture, as well as adapt to their growing resource needs.
- New Blueprint Approach - Three new blueprints allow developers to standardize their application environments using Engine Yard proven best practices. The new predefined blueprints give developers the flexibility to choose the size of their environments as well as add or remove clusters from an environment or components from clusters.
For more information about the new capabilities of the Engine Yard platform, visit https://www.engineyard.com/products/cloud/preview :
About Engine Yard
Engine Yard is the leading Platform as a Service (PaaS), empowering cloud application development : www.engineyard.com/products/cloud
more rapidly, easily and cost effectively. With deep technical expertise, powerful infrastructure orchestration, strong support of the open source community, and world-class service, Engine Yard provides a trusted, commercial grade solution that enables developers to focus on creating great applications, instead of managing their platform. Thousands of customers in 58 countries, from explosive-growth Web startups to Fortune 500 enterprises, rely on Engine Yard to leverage the cloud for competitive advantage. Headquartered in San Francisco, Calif., Engine Yard is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Oracle and Amazon.com.
Cogenta Communications for Engine Yard
Email Contact : www2.marketwire.com/mw/emailprcntct?id=69742A205BDB877F