Wirtschaft & Industrie
Cheapflights.com Gives You a Kick-Start Into a Fit New Year
Push Your Limits With Our Top 10 Destination Boot Camps
© Marketwire 2013
(PR-inside.com 08.01.2013 16:59:33)
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/08/13 -- Year in and year out, without fail, one of the top New Year's resolutions for many Americans is to get in shape. Many vow to eat more healthily, join a gym or just get moving in the hopes that this is the year they will finally achieve their fitness goals. For those looking for a real kick-start to a healthier 2013, the travel experts at Cheapflights.com : , the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, suggest jetting away to one of their Top 10 Destination Boot Camps : .
Originating in the U.S., boot camps provide hardcore exercise in a supportive team environment and offer a different setting for those who are looking for something outside of the typical gym workout. As the saying goes -- no pain, no gain, but here are five military-style boot camps from around the globe where you can mix a little pleasure with that pain. Let's not waste any time getting in shape in 2013.
- St. Vincent, Caribbean - The volcanic St. Vincent Island is located in the Caribbean Sea, between Saint Lucia and Grenada, and served as a filming location for Pirates of the Caribbean. Buccament Bay Resort and Fitness 4 Boot Camps are offering guests the chance to reach (and sustain) their weight and fitness goals with a special holiday exercise camp. Led by ex-Royal Marines, guests can choose between five, six, 10 or 12-day courses offering a variety of daily exercises, including circuit training, obstacle courses, swimming, team games, boxing and yoga.
- Algarve, Portugal - The most popular tourist destination in Portugal -- and one of the most popular in Europe -- the Algarve attracts around seven million travelers each year. They are drawn to the region's year-round sunshine, golden beaches and fabulous food. With this welcoming location as your backdrop, Luxury Algarve Bootcamp offers training and nutrition courses to take your fitness to the next level. The program includes health and fitness assessments and consultation with a nutritionist, twice daily boot camp classes featuring yoga, Pilates, beach boxing, jogging, running, mountain biking, swimming, circuit training and resistance training.
- Kent, England - In the rolling hills of the lush Kent farmland the female-only G.I. Jane Bootcamp puts women from all over the world through their paces. Over the course of three or seven days, women take part in intensive physical training, supported by a professional team with the aim of getting fit, losing weight and gaining mental strength. Working in small, close-knit groups, everyone receives equal attention and the varied workouts keep guests on their toes. Meditation, nutritional advice and life-coaching also help guests kick start a new way of living.
- St. Petersburg, Florida - In the sunshine state of Florida, St. Pete Beach is home to Getaway Fitness' boot camp at the TradeWinds Island Grand Resort. Travelers come to St. Pete to take in the pristine white sand coastline, enjoy the clear gulf waters and soak up the sun. All this makes St. Pete Beach the ideal location for a butt-kicking workout. A typical day begins with a beach boot camp session and is followed by five to six hours of structured, intensive fitness activities until about 2:30 p.m. when guests are free to make the most of the beach, enjoy spa services or just relax.
- Ibiza, Spain - Healthy living might not spring to mind when you think of the beautiful party island of Ibiza, but it's the setting for No1 Boot Camp's Luxury Fitness Retreat. This peaceful retreat is the perfect place to detox and exercise with a week's worth of tough military-style fitness and yoga. A typical day includes challenging, but breathtaking hikes to the Goddess Island, core stability exercises and team activities.
Rounding out the list of destinations from around the globe with boot camps that will get you in shape are: Kilimanjaro, Tanzania; Tulum, Mexico; Phuket, Thailand; Queensland, Australia and Watamu, Kenya. To read full details on Cheapflights.com's Top 10 Destination Boot Camps, visit http://news.cheapflights.com/top-10-destination-boot-camps : .
About momondo group
momondo group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 13 million visitors a month -- plus 6 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights ( www.cheapflights.com : ) and momondo ( www.momondo.com : ) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across 16 core international markets but users all over the world.
Image Available: www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2196154 :
Add to Digg : Bookmark with del.icio.us : Add to Newsvine :
Mobile: +1 416-788-4573
E-mail: Email Contact :
Website: www.cheapflights.com : docid: 13972056.nitf -->
(C) Das Copyright für sämtliche Pressemeldungen und Bilder, die mit Marketwire gekennzeichnet sind und auf PR-inside.com publiziert werden, obliegt der Agentur Marketwire. Dieser Artikel darf ohne schriftliche Genehmigung der Agentur Marketwire weder kopiert noch veröffentlicht werden. Wenn Sie Fragen zu den veröffentlichten Meldungen haben, kontaktieren Sie bitte Marketwire unter der Internetadresse (http://www.marketwire.com/).