2013-03-04 15:11:15 -
DCP Midstream, LP
370 17(th) Street, Suite 2500
Denver, CO 80202
March 4, 2013 DCP Midstream CONTACT: Lisa Newkirk
DCP MIDSTREAM LLC ANNOUNCES FURTHER
MANAGEMENT AND BOARD CHANGES
DENVER, March 4, 2013 - DCP Midstream LLC today announced the following
management and board changes effective Feb. 28, 2013.
* Tom O'Connor has retired as chairman of the board for DCP Midstream LLC and
will continue as chairman of DCP Midstream GP LLC, the general partner of
DCP Midstream Partners LP (NYSE:DPM), or the "General Partner," until an
appointed time in 2013.
* Wouter van Kempen will become chairman of DCP Midstream LLC, in addition to
his current role as president and chief executive officer. Van Kempen is
also CEO of the General Partner.
* Don Baldridge will become president of the marketing and logistics business
* Brian Frederick will become president of the north and south business
* Greg Smith will become president of the midcontinent and Permian business
* Sean O'Brien will become group vice president, in addition to his current
role as chief financial officer.
"I'm proud to hand the baton of chairman over to Wouter, who is already
executing on our strategy to grow the DCP footprint and to become a vertically
integrated midstream company. The DCP management has been dedicated to
succession planning and the results have paid off in the series of leaders we
have promoted. We have a strong management team leading the next chapter of
DCP's transformation, and I'll be cheering them on," O'Connor said.
"I'm appreciative of Tom's mentorship in preparing me for the chairman role, and
I'm pleased to continue to work with Tom in his role as chairman of DCP
Midstream Partners. We have terrific, talented leaders, and it's my turn to
proudly promote three proven leaders to president. We've been creative in
introducing both midstream and downstream solutions for our customers, and we're
on a great path forward to build much needed gas processing capacity and NGL
infrastructure to meet the country's energy needs. Don, Brian and Greg will join
our talented executive leadership team in leading the charge to balance our
growth with our constant emphasis on operational excellence and safety in all we
do," van Kempen said.
Reporting to Wouter van Kempen, chairman, president and CEO:
* Brent Backes, group vice president, general counsel, corporate secretary
* Don Baldridge, president, marketing and logistics business unit
* Brian Frederick, president, north and south business units
* Sean O'Brien, group vice president, chief financial officer
* Christopher Lewis, group vice president, chief corporate officer
* Greg Smith, president, midcontinent and Permian business units
* William Waldheim, president, DCP Midstream Partners
DCP Midstream LLC leads the midstream segment as the second-largest natural gas
gatherer and processor, the largest natural gas liquids producer and one of the
largest marketers in North America. DCP Midstream operates in 18 states across
major producing regions. The company is a 50:50 joint venture between Spectra
Energy and Phillips 66. It owns the general partner of DCP Midstream Partners
LP, a master limited partnership, and provides operational and administrative
support to the partnership. DCP Midstream is the largest oil and gas company and
the largest private company in Denver, the city of its headquarters, and has
been recognized as the Top Company in Energy/Natural Resources by ColoradoBiz.
For more information, visit the DCP Midstream website at www.dcpmidstream.com.
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of
Thomson Reuters clients. The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and
other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and
originality of the information contained therein.
Source: DCP Midstream Partners LP via Thomson Reuters ONE