2013-02-26 12:07:28 -
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/26/13 -- Couchbase, a leader in NoSQL database : www.couchbase.com/why-nosql/nosql-database
technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project : www.couchbase.com/couchbase-open-source-project
, today announced that Couchbase UK 2013 : www.couchbase.com/couchbase-london
will take place on April 11 at the Congress Centre in London, and is expected to draw more than 200 attendees from across Europe. The one-day, two-track event offers 15 technical presentations by Couchbase experts, including speakers from Betfair, The Hut Group, and Skyscanner, with basic to advanced topics for those exploring or using NoSQL or Couchbase Server. In addition, Couchbase will offer Couchbase Server training on April 9-10, with two-day in-depth sessions for developers and administrators.
"This is a great time for Couchbase, as we continue to see growing customer momentum as well as accelerating community involvement with the Couchbase open source project," said Bob Wiederhold, CEO of Couchbase. "Last year's event in London was a great success and we're looking forward to hosting Couchbase UK 2013 to again provide a venue where developers and users -- whether they're new to NoSQL or more experienced with Couchbase -- can absorb great content and gain valuable connections that enable them to succeed and expand in their adoption of NoSQL technology."
Additional Online Resources
About the Couchbase Open Source Project
- Featured speakers include:
- Tim Morrow, Head of Sports Delivery, and Abe Ingersoll, Principal Site Reliability Engineer, Betfair. Betfair, one of the world's largest international online sports betting providers, was looking for non-relational database options to power their consumer-facing web and mobile businesses. In this keynote session, attendees will hear how Betfair came to choose Couchbase, and create and deploy the product into operation in Betfair's production systems.
- Chris Woods, Architect, The Hut Group. The Hut Group is the UK's leading multi-website online retailer. Attendees will hear about the company's experience with Couchbase during the 2012 e-commerce holiday peak season, and get a preview of their pilot projects with Couchbase and Elasticsearch.
- Alistair Hann, CTO, Skyscanner. Alistair will highlight how Couchbase delivers the scalability and performance needed to support this fast-growing global travel search site.
- Technology updates, including what's new with Couchbase Server 2.0 and live demos
- A technically rich agenda, packed with breakout sessions for Couchbase developers and administrators including:
- Basics for developing with Couchbase as well as advanced development topics
- Best practices for running Couchbase 24x7, plus troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Migrating from relational to schema-less databases
- How to evaluate and benchmark NoSQL solutions
- Building mobile applications with NoSQL
- Genius bar for connecting with Couchbase experts and session speakers
- Post-conference London pub crawl (hosted by Couchbase)
- Online registration : www.couchbase.com/couchbase-london is available on the Couchbase website, where attendees can purchase early bird tickets through March 15, 2013.
The Couchbase Open Source Project : www.couchbase.com/couchbase-open-source-project
is a leading NoSQL database project, with a vibrant community focused on developing distributed database technology that supports both key-value and document-oriented use cases. All Couchbase technology components are available under the Apache Public License : www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
, and may also be obtained as packaged software : www.couchbase.com/download
from Couchbase, Inc. in both enterprise and community editions.
About Couchbase, Inc.
Couchbase is a leading provider of NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project. Couchbase Server, the company's flagship product, is a NoSQL document-oriented database with production deployments at AOL, Cisco, Concur, LinkedIn, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Shuffle Master, Zynga and hundreds of other household names worldwide. It is particularly well suited for web and mobile applications, providing easy scalability, consistent high performance, 24x365 availability, and a flexible data model for ease of development. Couchbase is headquartered in Silicon Valley, and is funded by Accel Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund, and North Bridge Venture Partners. www.couchbase.com : www.couchbase.com/
LEWIS PR for Couchbase
Email Contact : www2.marketwire.com/mw/emailprcntct?id=DB296B3CE4A4CF89