2012-11-09 00:06:14 -
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 11/08/12 -- The Construction Writers Association : ctt.marketwire.com/?release=952051&id=2262250&type=1& ..
(CWA) announced the winners of its Journalism Awards and Marketing Communications Awards on Oct. 23 at its annual conference, "CONNECTED," in Crystal City, Va.
The Robert F. Boger Journalism Awards emphasize key project, innovative ideas and best of craft in several categories. This awards program began in 1975 and is named after the late McGraw-Hill publisher and primary force behind the founding of CWA. Winners were selected in five categories: editorial, video, special reports, special features and feature writing:
- Editorial writing -- Bill Wilson, Roads & Bridges, for "An Angry Huff." Runner-up -- Rod Sutton, Construction Equipment, for "An Early Resolutions List."
- Video -- S. Luke Abaffy, Aileen Cho and Tom Sawyer, Engineering News-Record, for "Theodore Zoli." Honorable Mention -- Bill Wilson, Roads & Bridges, for "I-90 Resurfacing."
- Special Reports -- Honorable mention -- Rod Sutton, Construction Equipment, for "The Management Challenge." Honorable mention -- Mike Anderson, Marcia Gruver Doyle, Therese Dunphy and Tom Jackson, Equipment World, for "Equipment's Brave New World."
- Special Features -- Luke Abaffy, Aileen Cho, Ester D'Amico, Scott Lewis and Nadine Post, Engineering News-Record for "Critical Paths," an in-depth report on the World Trade Center.
- Feature Writing -- Giles Lambertson, Construction Equipment Distribution, for "Drilling Drama." Honorable mention -- Tom Jackson, Equipment World, for "Contractor of the Year." Honorable mention -- Torrey Sims, School Construction News, for "Designing to Fit the Needs of ED Students." Honorable mention -- Tom Sawyer, Engineering News-Record, for "Life-Saving Lessons from the Japanese Tsunami."
A sixth Journalism award, the Kneeland "Ned" Godfrey Award, is presented for a body of published work in construction industry magazines or journals. A single author is "recognized for superior journalistic and writing skills over the course of a year." The award was established in 1999 in honor of Godfrey, who was the former editor of Civil Engineering magazine to honor his skills as a journalist and his contribution to CWA.
- Godfrey Award -- Luke Abaffy, Engineering News-Record. Honorable mention -- Aileen Cho, Engineering News-Record.
Because CWA is a group of professional journalists and writers/marketers focused on the construction industry, CWA established an awards program for marketing communications in 1999. Winners were selected in 10 categories:
- Annual Report - Corporate Communications -- Maya Wynn, Thornton Tomasetti Inc., for its "2011-12 Report."
- Blogs -- Wayne Newitts, Dexter + Chaney, for "Construction Management with John Chaney." Honorable mention -- Appraisal Institute for "Opinions of Value."
- Advertising - Campaign -- Stephen Dupont, Pocket Hercules, for an ad, "Mortenson Development: Untangling the Hairy Little Issues of Development."
- Advertising - Single -- Brandon Jaynes, Performance Marketing, for an ad, Vacuworx "Suck-It Up."
- Corporate Identity Campaign - Corporate -- Susan McCullick, JE Dunn Construction.
- Media Kits - Public Relations - -Debbie George, Cygnus Business Media.
- Internal Newsletter -- Susan McCullick, JE Dunn Construction, for the firm's "The Punchlist."
- External Newsletter -- Brandon Jaynes, Performance Marketing, for Takeuchi US's e-Newsletter.
- PR Campaign -- Andrew Gillman, Performance Marketing, and co-author Michelle Cwach, KPI-JCI and Astec Mobil Screens, for "The Road Connection." Honorable mention -- Douglas Drummond, National Editorial Service, for Eaton's revolutionary new Life Sense hydraulic hose system.
- Website -- Susan Walsh, Parsons Brinckerhoff, for the redesign of the company's website, www.pbworld.com : ctt.marketwire.com/?release=952051&id=2262253&type=1& .. .
CWA inducted two individuals into its highly prestigious Hall of Fame for exemplifying true lifetime achievement as journalists in the construction industry: Marcia Gruver Doyle and Thomas Kuennen.
Next year's CWA's annual conference will celebrate its 55th anniversary and will be held Oct. 21-22 in Chicago. Information about the conference and CWA's various award programs can be found online at www.constructionwriters.org : ctt.marketwire.com/?release=952051&id=2262256&type=1& ..
. The deadline for next year's submissions will be announced soon.
Join us on LinkedIn : ctt.marketwire.com/?release=952051&id=2262259&type=1& ..
at http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=2185694 : ctt.marketwire.com/?release=952051&id=2262262&type=1& ..
Facebook : ctt.marketwire.com/?release=952051&id=2262265&type=1& ..
at http://www.facebook.com/groups/78345106861/ : ctt.marketwire.com/?release=952051&id=2262268&type=1& ..
and Twitter : ctt.marketwire.com/?release=952051&id=2262271&type=1& ..
at https://twitter.com/#!/CWA_Tweets : ctt.marketwire.com/?release=952051&id=2262274&type=1& ..
The Construction Writers Association (CWA), founded in 1958, is a non-profit, non-partisan, international organization that provides a forum for journalism, photography, marketing, and communications professionals in all segments of the construction industry to connect with other professionals and enhance skills through education. Visit our website at www.constructionwriters.org : ctt.marketwire.com/?release=952051&id=2262277&type=1& ..
Add to Digg : digg.com/submit?phase=2&url= www2.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=952051
Bookmark with del.icio.us : del.icio.us/post?v=4&noui&jump=close&url= www2.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=952051
Add to Newsvine : www.newsvine.com/_tools/seed&save?u= www2.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=952051
For more information contact:
Construction Writers Association
Email Contact : www2.marketwire.com/mw/emailprcntct?id=407A1FAAA630F2D7