2013-01-21 07:22:27 - Register now for the SGS global webinar titled "EU Timber Regulation Update" on January 31, 2013". The webinar is complimentary and free of charge.
The objective of this complimentary webinar (45-minute presentation / 15-minute Q&A) is to provide attendees with an update on the current implementation status of the European Union Timber Regulation. Since the last SGS EUTR Webinar in Octber 2012, the European Commission has published guidance for organizations in scope for the regulation. This guidance has clarified various aspects of the regulation and SGS is now in a position to pass this information to interested parties.
• EUTR Status Update
• Terminology and Risk Definition
• Requirements for documentary evidence for compliance
• The role of certification in due diligence systems
• CITES and FLEGT
• SGS Services to support compliance
• Organizations involved with the supply and trade of
timber, paper and packaging products
• Operators: Organizations or individuals responsible for placing timber on the European market.
• Traders: Organizations or individuals that purchase and or sell timber products, but do not take responsibility for first placement on the market.
• COC Client base
• CTS European Retail client base
Mr. Tobin Gordon, SGS Global Program Manager, Chain of Custody
Register for session 1 here (sgseventcenter.webex.com/sgseventcenter/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=7093 ..
08:00 a.m. London
09:00 a.m. Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Amsterdam
03:00 a.m. New York
04:00 p.m. Singapore, Kuala Lumpur
Register for session 2 here (sgseventcenter.webex.com/sgseventcenter/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=7069 ..
03:00 p.m. London
04:00 p.m. Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Amsterdam
10:00 a.m. New York
11:00 p.m. Singapore, Kuala Lumpur
Cost: No Charge
For more information, please contact:
Systems & Services Certification
Vice President, Global Marketing & Business Development
1, place des Alpes
Event location: Online