2012-12-04 12:00:56 -
MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE -- (Marketwire) -- 12/04/12 -- It's that time of the year again, the fall season is here and as always, it's time for all those susceptible to allergies to remember that prevention is still the best cure. While you can look forward to enjoying the changing colors and the mesmerizing sunsets, you can also brace yourself to minimize the watery eyes and the hail of sneezes.
Thankfully Merry Maids has well-experienced, highly trained cleaning experts who can provide some easy-to-follow tips and suggestions to ensure you can still get their residential cleaning : ctt.marketwire.com/?docid=0839175001&id=2347930&type=0&a ..
or professional cleaning : ctt.marketwire.com/?docid=0839175001&id=2347933&type=0&a ..
done effectively without worrying about fall allergies.
Microfiber, Steam and Vacuuming
Debra Johnson, Cleaning Expert at Merry Maids recommends taking care of these three important things during the fall season to help prevent fall allergies.
"Microfiber captures dust, so you can use fewer products and save tons more time. Steam of course is the best option because it uses hot water. Mix that with a microfiber and you are in great shape. Steam just magnifies your cleaning process in a huge way. Vacuuming is a very important thing to do especially using one with a HEPA filter."
Relax and breathe easy this fall.
Of course, you can't totally prevent allergies in the fall or any other time of the year. However, following the simple tips suggested by Merry Maids can significantly help you combat the attack from the fall allergens, breathe easy and relax at home and elsewhere.
Comprehensive Tips to Combat Fall Allergies
- Change Your Filters Around the House (AC/Heat)
- Window Washing is great to do this time of year in most climates
- Move heavy furniture and clean underneath
- Wear a mask during home cleaning : ctt.marketwire.com/?docid=0839175001&id=2347936&type=0&a ..
while dusting or cleaning dusty places. Better yet, delegate a family member or call Merry Maids to do it for you.
- Remember when cleaning that your clothes will catch mites, so launder them in hot water and always shower immediately afterwards.
- Invest in a high quality vacuum with a HEPA filter for residential cleaning : ctt.marketwire.com/?docid=0839175001&id=2347939&type=0&a ..
- Wipe down bed frames and headboards as well as any other furniture or knick knacks in the room with a damp cloth once a week.
- Launder bedding in hot water monthly to kill dust mites.
- Wash stuffed animals by tossing them in a pillowcase and tying it closed. Stuffed animals are all major dust mite magnets.
- Steam your bathrooms, mattresses, throw pillows, and floors.
- Vacuum your drapes, especially if you didn't do it in the springtime.
- Schedule your carpet cleaning with a professional cleaning : ctt.marketwire.com/?docid=0839175001&id=2347942&type=0&a ..
- Dust all your baseboards.
About Merry Maids
Merry Maids is the largest home cleaning franchise network in the world. Merry Maids provides services in 49 states and the District of Columbia through approximately 70 company-owned locations and 400 franchised outlets. Through its company-owned and franchise locations, Merry Maids employees more than 8,000 home cleaning professionals that service homes on four continents. Merry Maids is a subsidiary of The ServiceMaster Company : ctt.marketwire.com/?docid=0839175001&id=2347945&type=0&a ..
, one of the world's largest residential and commercial service networks.
ServiceMaster Brands include Terminix®, TruGreen®, American Home Shield®, ServiceMaster Clean®, Merry Maids®, Furniture Medic® and AmeriSpec®.
The ServiceMaster Company
Director - Franchise Communications & PR