2012-12-19 09:32:05 -
Velti (NASDAQ: VELT), the leading global provider of mobile marketing and advertising technology, worked with Cancer Research UK and Channel 4 to raise money through mobile donations for the live ‘Stand Up To Cancer’ telethon in October. Providing a convenient method to engage viewers, Velti’s technology platform enabled the public to make £5 and £10 donations directly from their mobile device, garnering over 360,000 mobile interactions and demonstrating how successful the mobile channel is in tandem with a national broadcast campaign.
‘Stand Up To Cancer' began with a week of programming on Channel 4 that built up to the live event, bringing together celebrities from TV, film and music, and marking the first fundraising telethon ever staged by Channel 4.
Programme Manager, of Channel 4 said: “This is the first major charity telethon for Channel 4 and it’s been really exciting executing this format using multiple channels for interactivity and donations. Velti has a wealth of experience in integrating mobile interactivity into live TV events, especially for the third sector. They understand the dynamics of the relationships required between the broadcaster, the charity and service provider, giving us an invaluable source of knowledge for future mobile initiatives.”
Commenting on the charity’s decision to work with Velti, Su Crighton, Programme Manager at Cancer Research UK, said: “We’re thrilled with how successful mobile was for the ‘Stand Up To Cancer’ campaign and the results demonstrate that donating by mobile is a mechanic that will become increasingly beneficial to charity fundraisers. The UK public love the simplicity and spontaneity of mobile donations and we’re thankful to Velti that this key element of our first live telethon ran so smoothly.”
“We are extremely proud to be working with Cancer Research UK and Channel 4 on such a worthwhile cause that has affected so many of us,” said Rob Weisz, VP Sales at Velti. “Televising a high profile live event such as ‘Stand Up To Cancer' poses numerous challenges for broadcasters.
With over seven years’ experience working with broadcasters, we brought that knowledge and proven technology to the campaign, providing practical advice on how and when to engage with viewers via mobile, coupled with compliance guidance and support from our highly skilled interactive production team.”
The partnership with Channel 4 marks a landmark for Velti, now having worked with every major UK terrestrial broadcaster.
Note to editor.
- Velti has worked with various charities in the UK to mobilise donations and has enabled the public to donate in excess of £34 million since March 2009.
Comic Relief - £15.1m (2011) and £7.8m (2009)
- Sport Relief - £7.9m (2012) and £3.4m (2010)
- The ‘Stand Up To Cancer’ donation lines closed on 30th November 2012.
Velti is the leading global provider of mobile marketing and advertising technology and solutions that enable brands, advertising agencies, mobile operators and media to implement highly targeted, interactive and measurable campaigns by communicating with and engaging consumers via their mobile devices. The Velti platform, called Velti mGageTM, allows customers to use mobile and traditional media to reach targeted consumers, engage the consumer through the mobile Internet and applications, convert them into customers and continue to actively manage the relationship through the mobile channel. Velti is a publicly-held corporation based in Jersey, and trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol VELT. For more information, visit www.velti.com : cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww ..
About Channel 4
- Channel 4 launched on 2nd November 1982 and is a publicly-owned, commercially-funded, public service broadcaster. It receives no public funding and all profit generated by commercial activity is directly reinvested back into the delivery of Channel 4's public service remit to be innovative, experimental and distinctive.
- In addition to the main Channel 4 service, the portfolio includes E4, More4, Film4 and 4Music, as well as an ever-growing range of online activities that includes channel4.com, Channel 4's bespoke video-on-demand service 4oD and standalone digital projects. Through its film arm Film4, Channel 4 is also a key supporter of British film making talent.
- Channel 4 is a major investor in the UK's creative economy, working with around 300 creative companies from across the UK every year and investing significantly in training and talent development throughout the industry.
About Cancer Research UK
- Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research.
- The charity’s pioneering work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives.
- Cancer Research UK receives no government funding for its life-saving research. Every step it makes towards beating cancer relies on every pound donated.
- Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival rates in the UK double in the last forty years.
- Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses.
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK's vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
For further information about Cancer Research UK's work or to find out how to support the charity, please call 0300 123 1861 or visit www.cancerresearchuk.org : cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww ..
" title="http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=bwnews&sty=20121219005287r1&sid=16929&distro=ftp\"/>" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=bwnews&sty=20121219005287r1&am ..
AxiCom for VeltiJames Wood, (44) 208 392 4063 firstname.lastname@example.org